#11 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostMrBarnaby, on 15 February 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

I think her talent may not seem so 'incredible' in NY where they are generally much more talented. Still it's a good break for her, hope the show is good.
Not sure what you base that opinion on!? Having witnessed many productions both sides of the pond there are just as many incredibly talented artists in both cities! What I can say is that having worked with and subsequently become good friends with a Broadway Valjean who swapped with our London Valjean for 6 months was that he preferred the more laid back approach to the Westend.
As for Rachel, I believe her talent is especially unique and that Broadway will love her as much as we do over here. But the most important factor is that it has always been Rachel's dream to go to Broadway and so I for one am so delighted for her that her dream is becoming reality. Broadway appeals to many Westend performers as much as the Westend appeals to Broadway performers. They both have prestige for different reasons but ultimately a performer with such aspirations can understandably want to experience both.

#12 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

I'm delighted too as she is talented.. All I say us that the pool of talent in NY is much bigger (and in my opinion) better generally than here. I hope the show is good and a great launch pad for her

Also tagged with Rachel Tucker, Rachel, Tucker, Wicked, Cabaret, Elphaba, We Will Rock You, Voice, belt, St James Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users