#1 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

http://artsbeat.blog.../?src=twr&_r=5

For those that watched "Smash", "Hit List" from season 2 is making its way to the stage in concert form. Shame it's across the pond, but it gives me hope for Bombshell at some point!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#2 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

But Bombshell was 10x the score of Hit List. Hopefully it means that they have higher hopes for Bombshell.

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Haven't the writers already said that Bombshell would be impossible to put on stage? I thought Hit List was better musically and I hope the concert is being recorded as none of the songs seem to have been released from the second season.

#4 mrkringas

mrkringas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

The second season is available to purchase for anyone with the wit to access the USA iTunes store.

Google and you too can own those tracks (and the two disc OBC of The Capeman)

#5 dallardice

dallardice

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Saw Megan Hilty in performance in the US and she said that there was a concert production of Bombshell planned, but she wasn't involved.  And she also confirmed that in her view Bombshell would be impossible to stage - that Marilyn's part would be impossible to perform nightly in reality.  Was actually very impressed by her in performance and she came across as a really lovely and fun woman...

#6 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

I would have loved to see Hit List or Bombshell if either did ever happen. I don't really understand how Bombshell is deemed "impossible" to stage though?

#7 danieldabell

danieldabell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Postmystifyre, on 16 October 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

I would have loved to see Hit List or Bombshell if either did ever happen. I don't really understand how Bombshell is deemed "impossible" to stage though?

This is down to the nature of the songs. Huge, sprawling (range) songs that would be impossible for a performer to safely sing eight shows a week.

#8 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

But the plan was to stage Bombshell if the series was a success. If vocally it's too much then just 2 actresses to share the role!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#9 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

I think that was more a thought than a real plan and was said before the series got going. Bombshell in reality has no book and loads of great songs that were staged for TV entertainment and not written to fit in with a real show . If you were to stage it some songs may need to go to help pacing. It has potential but is a long way from being a working show.  

Hit List has some good music but im still not fully sure what the full story is and the title seems a bit naff

#10 wetheatreboy

wetheatreboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hit List was awful... and literally made no sense! I assume this is because it looks like every song was written by a different person and they were all bland generic songs...

Bombshell was pretty good, but it kind of lost it's way in the second series too...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users