7 replies to this topic

#1 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Broadway World this morning has announced that Memphis is due to hit the West End in 2014, going to Shaftesbury Theatre, perfect venue for the show. I can't wait to see this, SO excited! http://www.broadwayw...n-2014-20131128

#2 Zinone

Zinone

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

As much as I like the show, that's not an announcement or confirmation - hence the question mark! Even the original source says it "might" happen.

Hope it does though. And if it's to stand a chance, it'll need to be a stunt cast. I'm calling it now - Olly Murs and Alexandra Burke. ;)

#3 Schuttep

Schuttep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostPriscillaCraze, on 29 November 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Broadway World this morning has announced that Memphis is due to hit the West End in 2014, going to Shaftesbury Theatre, perfect venue for the show. I can't wait to see this, SO excited! http://www.broadwayw...n-2014-20131128
The Shaftesbury looks like it's overbooking if the Chichester's Pajama Game is there from May!
If I listed every show I'd seen since 1974 I'd get RSI.

Favourite Musicals: Blood Brothers; Brigadoon; Chicago; Chess; Chorus Line; Company; Evita; Follies; Godspell; Les Miserables; Little Night Music; Little Shop of Horrors; Mack and Mabel; Man of La Mancha; Merrily We Roll Along; Miss Saigon; Phantom of the Opera; Rent; Rocky Horror Show; South Pacific.

Favourite Plays: Beautiful Thing; Bent; Blithe Spirit; Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; Cherry Orchard; Dance of Death; Death of a Salesman; Endgame; Happy Days; Hedda Gabler; Henry IV (Parts I and II); Importance of Being Earnest; Little Foxes; Mother Courage; Private Lives; Shirley Valentine; Torch Song Trilogy; What the Butler Saw; Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?; Wild Duck.

#4 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

Its a limited run (if it happens)

#5 PriscillaCraze

PriscillaCraze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's a possibility that it will happen, they've been planning to open Memphis in London since it's finished on Broadway. However I do think a lot of theatres are over booking at the moment so who knows what will happen. A lot of new shows are hitting the West End in 2014, and I think the availability of theatres are getting quite tight now, maybe they should consider funding for new theatres to expand the theatre market more. I think Cynthia Enviro would be perfect as Felicia (I know she's appearing in X Factor so that's a no no) and Oliver Tompsett as Huey, both have great state presence :)

#6 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1404 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostPriscillaCraze, on 29 November 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

It's a possibility that it will happen, they've been planning to open Memphis in London since it's finished on Broadway. However I do think a lot of theatres are over booking at the moment so who knows what will happen. A lot of new shows are hitting the West End in 2014, and I think the availability of theatres are getting quite tight now, maybe they should consider funding for new theatres to expand the theatre market more. I think Cynthia Enviro would be perfect as Felicia (I know she's appearing in X Factor so that's a no no) and Oliver Tompsett as Huey, both have great state presence :)

Nimax have a new theatre in the planning but its not going to be built until Crossrail is finished and its also a small theatre with 500 seats or so.

#7 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Sandra Marvin for Felicia please!!

#8 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members