55 replies to this topic

#51 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

I went for the £33 seats near the front in the amphitheater for Ariadne and Moses - having sat in those and in the side stalls circle I've decided I prefer the amphi.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#52 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Being short sighted I prefer stalls circle. I may only see part of the stage but at least I get to see the acting happening on that part. From the amphitheatre I can't see facial expressions at all.

#53 Music Man

Music Man

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Unfortunately due to illness of elderly Mother looms like I am going to be returning a pair of stalls circle seats and a single stalls seat to the box office for resale. Is for sold out performance of Faust on Monday 14th. If anyone interested let me know.

#54 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Booked for La Boheme so pleased as the process went well

#55 Samuel

Samuel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

La Boheme is a fab production, I saw it last year. I believe next year is the last time they will be reviving the current production which has been going strong for more than 40 years!

I've booked to see Faust, Traviata and Tosca. May also be tempted by Maria Stuarda. Prices for Manon Lescaut are ridiculously over-inflated.

The 2014-2015 season looks interesting.

#56 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostDawnstar, on 08 April 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Being short sighted I prefer stalls circle. I may only see part of the stage but at least I get to see the acting happening on that part. From the amphitheatre I can't see facial expressions at all.

You have a point ... I had problems in Frau Ohne Schatten as two of the characters were deliberately dressed similarly and I couldn't always work out which was which. Need to invest in some opera glasses!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users