#61 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 AM

View PostReich, on 23 April 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Next season looks really good I may *have* to have become a Friend to the tune of 88 squid

Is ROH Friend membership worth it? I guess better access to the cheaper tickets?
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#62 steveatplays

steveatplays

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 AM

View Postxanderl, on 23 April 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Is ROH Friend membership worth it? I guess better access to the cheaper tickets?

Xanderl, as you stated you prefer the Amphitheatre, there is no necessity to become a member.

Friend membership gets you the stalls circle benches, or more rarely the side stalls circle front row next to the stage if you are very quick, at cheaper prices where you can see expressions on faces.

#63 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:49 AM

Thanks, that was what I was thinking given my experiences booking for the last booking period.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#64 jean_hunt

jean_hunt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 PM

View PostDawnstar, on 23 April 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

I too was there last night and found it a bit interminable. I think in future I may have to only go to the ROH when I can get stalls circle seats. From row M amphitheatre last night I felt utterly detached and forget sering facial expressions, I was squinting just to see the surtitles in focus.

I know what you mean. I was Row C amphitheatre and while it was great to be able to see the whole sweep of the stage, I definitely missed not being able to see facial expressions. But I just couldn't afford any of the other tickets that were left! Annoyingly I'm away when the next booking period opens so I'm guessing I might end up back in the amphitheatre again for some productions... But I just don't go often enough to make paying for membership worthwhile.

#65 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 PM

There are other Friends membership benefits. For example, they sent me a "genuine piece of curtain hung from the proscenium in the Royal Opera House from 1981 - 1997."

#66 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5147 posts

Posted Today, 12:26 PM

View Poststeveatplays, on 23 April 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Xanderl, as you stated you prefer the Amphitheatre, there is no necessity to become a member.

Friend membership gets you the stalls circle benches, or more rarely the side stalls circle front row next to the stage if you are very quick, at cheaper prices where you can see expressions on faces.
Difficult to read the words on the screen if too far on the side. The screens they have in front of the seats mean looking up and down and too much eye adjustment for me. I used to be a member but realised that if I really want to see something I could always get a ticket - at a price of course but then that would be once a year maybe so that's what I do now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users