39 replies to this topic

#1 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

I was on theatermonkey earlier and was looking at where i would be sitting for thriller live in the GC and a reviewer had said that theater seats should be updated to accomidate(sp?) a larger person or as she put it the 21st century audience. I would like to know what you think because i think generally most seats are fine but then again i am of average size.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#2 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(theaterfan14 @ Jul 27 2009, 04:49 PM) View Post
I was on theatermonkey earlier and was looking at where i would be sitting for thriller live in the GC and a reviewer had said that theater seats should be updated to accomidate(sp?) a larger person or as she put it the 21st century audience. I would like to know what you think because i think generally most seats are fine.

Yeah... put fewer seats in to satisfy the Obese Community and put the prices up.

Personally, I'd be happier if the fatties would take responsibility for their own lard, instead of their blubbery thighs and arms overhanging neighbouring seats. Same goes for planes - charge em excess baggage, I say!

#3 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

I think people over-react abit too much about Leg Room sometime. Im 6ft 1 and hardly ever have a problem with legroom, and people much shorter complain on theatremonkey for the same seats ive been in.

I've seen loads of shows and only problems for legroom was back row upper circle at the Victoria Palace for Billy Elliot (Ouch, thank god I was on an aisle),the circle at the Ambassadors for Little Shop (Row D) and front row Gallery at Her Majestys for Phantom (CRAMP!!! and the view was terrible too haha. This is when I was 15 and shorter, would hate to think of what its like now)

#4 stuman273

stuman273

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Mark_E @ Jul 27 2009, 06:33 PM) View Post
I think people over-react abit too much about Leg Room sometime. Im 6ft 1 and hardly ever have a problem with legroom, and people much shorter complain on theatremonkey for the same seats ive been in.

I guess it also depends how in proportion your body is with your legs. I'm also 6'1 with long legs and I have suffered at various theatres, although none as much as.....

QUOTE(Mark_E @ Jul 27 2009, 06:33 PM) View Post
I've seen loads of shows and only problems for legroom was back row upper circle at the Victoria Palace for Billy Elliot (Ouch, thank god I was on an aisle)

I feel your pain on that one, and I wasn't in an aisle seat. Probably the most uncomfortable time I have ever spent at a theatre.

#5 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

worst seats for me were the Shaftsbury stalls - im 6ft5 and that was painful! - best seats for leg room in West End - London Coliseum or Savoy
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#6 JR1

JR1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(sanderling @ Jul 27 2009, 05:23 PM) View Post
Yeah... put fewer seats in to satisfy the Obese Community and put the prices up.

Personally, I'd be happier if the fatties would take responsibility for their own lard, instead of their blubbery thighs and arms overhanging neighbouring seats. Same goes for planes - charge em excess baggage, I say!

laugh.gif

#7 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(stuman273 @ Jul 28 2009, 12:09 AM) View Post
I guess it also depends how in proportion your body is with your legs. I'm also 6'1 with long legs and I have suffered at various theatres, although none as much as.....

I feel your pain on that one, and I wasn't in an aisle seat. Probably the most uncomfortable time I have ever spent at a theatre.

I Know!!!! I really couldn't believe that one! I was inside at first and I was like no way I can sit like this so swapped with my mum who was on the aisle (she is only 5 ft 6). So uncomfortable.

#8 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

No, the upper circle of the palladium is awful. Luckily it was 'Sister Act' so i was distracted by the awesome show but still i was cramped!!!!!
Hasa diga eebowai

#9 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(sanderling @ Jul 27 2009, 05:23 PM) View Post

Exclude them from theatres without air conditioning though.

#10 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

Joking aside or not I find all of your comments regards to bigger people quite generally disgusting, and coming from some people on here who generally attack other people for nasty or out of hand comments.

I think it may be time to have a look at your own faults in a mirror before attacking other people!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users