8 replies to this topic

#1 joback

joback

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

From Annalene's Official Website

" Well, life is full of twists and turns ... and I have decided to leave WICKED on the 28th of April. At this time I am not sure if I will have another chance to perform as Glinda, but I will post here if I have any dates."

I thought she was a brilliant Glinda and should have been given the role after Helen.

#2 Henry

Henry

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:19 AM

I second that!

Annalene is a truly wonderful Glinda. Such a well judged performance. Her Glinda has warmth, charm, colour and a beautiful sense of humour! And she can certainly sing it beautifully too! I don't understand why she isn't taking over the role. Her and Kerry work so well together, in my opinion.

I hope she has some more performances coming up before she leaves, I'd love to see her Glinda again.

I'm reliably informed that public have called the Box Office especially to see when she will be performing!

I wish her the best in her next West End role.

#3 valleymusic

valleymusic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(Henry @ Mar 23 2007, 12:19 AM) View Post
I second that!

Annalene is a truly wonderful Glinda. Such a well judged performance. Her Glinda has warmth, charm, colour and a beautiful sense of humour! And she can certainly sing it beautifully too! I don't understand why she isn't taking over the role. Her and Kerry work so well together, in my opinion.

I hope she has some more performances coming up before she leaves, I'd love to see her Glinda again.

I'm reliably informed that public have called the Box Office especially to see when she will be performing!

I wish her the best in her next West End role.

Can't comment on her as Glinda as I haven't seen her perform but from what I hear, creatives/producers have given the standby role to someone else (after recent auditions) and AB has broken her contract by deciding to leave early.

I somehow doubt the comment about "public" calling the box office though - call me cynical if you like!

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

I believe a few of the cast were on open contracts so only have to give a months notice if they choose to leave, so that may well be the case with Annalene. So not technically breaking her contract. I can only imagine her being this upset about it if she had previously been given the impression that she would be staying on.

#5 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

NB Annalene Beechey's on Friday Night is Music Night tonight:  
with Maria Friedman, Michael McCarthy, Matt Rawle, &c:
it's being broadcast LIVE, on BBC Radio 2, Friday March 23rd 7.30 - 9.15 pm (GMT).

Celebrating Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Listenable online for a week.

Annalene's official website says:
I'll be singing 'I Don't Know How To Love Him', 'Unexpected Song', 'All I Ask Of You' and various numbers with Matt, Michael and Maria!

#6 abi_la_diva

abi_la_diva

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

Listening now! I yhink se's fabulousm I wish elen wasn;t leaving but I think they should have offered her the role, especially since she got so few oppertunities to play Glinda during her current run!
I will be rainbow high!

Because I knew you.. I have been changed for good

As someone told me lately everyone deserves a chance to fly![color=#800080]

Kerry Ellis IS Elphaba

#7 JulieJordan

JulieJordan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

I can't say I blame her for leaving- I think she's fantastic, but I don't like "Wicked," so hopefully she'll go onto something more deserving of her talents. She was adorable on that concert last night- I love the bell-like quality of her voice.

#8 musicalfan

musicalfan

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

Can someone give me a link to the radio program?

#9 valleymusic

valleymusic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(musicalfan @ Mar 31 2007, 03:09 PM) View Post
Can someone give me a link to the radio program?

I think you've probably missed it. The BBC only keep their programmes available for 7 days after broadcast date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users