• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 themusicman

themusicman

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

I just came across these videos on Youtube of a very talented young man. Matthew Barrow.
Does anyone know anything about him and what he is up to now? I would love to see him perform live.

I believe he was in the recent UK tour of Mary Poppins (thanks to google!)

www.youtube.com/mattjbarr

#2 WestEnder2

WestEnder2

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(themusicman @ Aug 12 2009, 12:05 PM) View Post
I just came across these videos on Youtube of a very talented young man. Matthew Barrow.
Does anyone know anything about him and what he is up to now? I would love to see him perform live.

I believe he was in the recent UK tour of Mary Poppins (thanks to google!)

www.youtube.com/mattjbarr

#3 WestEnder2

WestEnder2

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Really can't get the hang of the new layout!

Yeah he was a swing on the Poppins tour, seemed to be on quite a lot too in the times I saw it.
He was also in Rent, the one night charity gala performance, recently.  He was ensemble, first time I properly heard his voice.. gorgeous!

Pretty sure he was in Miss Saigon UK Tour and a Fame tour as well.

Not sure what he's doing now!

#4 themusicman

themusicman

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the info- Im gutted I didnt get to see 'Rent' now! It was sold out by the time I found out about it. Would have loved to see Matthew in this.

His voice certainly is gorgeous!
I think he'd make an excellent Boq in Wicked or Leo Bloom in Producers- he seems to have excellent comedy skills along with such a powerful range!

#5 pdiddy

pdiddy

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

I had an audition with this guy the other day... and  no joke- he can sing higher than any girl I know! Those videos don't do him justice. It was quite intimidating! amazing.

#6 themusicman

themusicman

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

I heard through friends that Matthew recently had a very successful Jersey Boys audition and something may come of this in the future....

With the recent announcement of cast change details, I am doubting that it will be this March.
Does anyone know something that the rest of us dont?

#7 themusicman

themusicman

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

I just read on the website for Matthew's agent that he will be joing the cast of 'Sweet Charity' when it transfers to the Theatre Royal Haymarket!

Cant wait to see him in it!!

#8 themusicman

themusicman

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

Matthew is currently performing in 'sweet charity' in the west end and is understudy to 'herman'. Does anyone know when he'll be on for this role?

Someone told me today that he's currently preparing to work with the Jersey Boys team with the intention of taking over the role of 'Frankie Valli' next March....
That does seem a long way off! But it seems that this is a young man to watch out for!

#9 themusicman

themusicman

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

Cant get enough of thses videos!!
youtube.com/mattjbarr

saw Matthew in Sweet Charity last week... he is incredible. Shame he doesn't sing more. Anyone know if he'll be in any cabarets soon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users