#11 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Dorothy @ Aug 15 2009, 09:29 PM) View Post
... I think the best actress to have played the role is Julia Murney, head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree - Julia Murney, the only actress who acts the role as much as she sings it.

#12 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

How was the Ashleigh / Sarah show last night?  Am I right in thinking it's at least the third time they've performed together?
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#13 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Yesterday was their 4th and 5th full show together. I went in the evening, and they were fantastic. I'd only previously seen Sarah with Alexia, who I'm not too keen on. Seeing her opposite an Elphie I like makes all the difference, LOVED her last night. And Ashleigh is my favourite <3. They were just so cute together!! I'm happy I've seen them together. smile.gif

Emily was on as Nessa as well and I really really liked her. Her voice isn't the strrongest, but Nessa is one role where it doesn't matter to me, it's all about the acting. Emily was a lot less self pitying than Nessa's I've seen before, it was refreshing.

#14 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(cat123 @ Aug 23 2009, 12:43 PM) View Post
Emily was on as Nessa as well and I really really liked her. Her voice isn't the strrongest, but Nessa is one role where it doesn't matter to me, it's all about the acting. Emily was a lot less self pitying than Nessa's I've seen before, it was refreshing.

Have you seen Natalie!Nessa?  I don't think she's self-pitying -- a great deal more bitter and angry than either Caroline or Katie R-J, and I think you're right that both those portrayals (which were mighty fine) had some self-pity involved.  Natalie on the other hand is sca-rrrry.  I see a Wicked Witch up there with her.

#15 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

I've seen Natalie 3 times. There's something about her that I just don't like, I find her too bitter and angry. Nessa uses her disability to try and get sympathy and manipulate people, Natalie doesn't do that. Why I liked Emily, and why Kady is still my favourite, they are/were more subtle. Natalie and Caroline also are a bit too 'spoilt brat' for me.

#16 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(cat123 @ Aug 23 2009, 01:27 PM) View Post
I've seen Natalie 3 times. There's something about her that I just don't like, I find her too bitter and angry. Nessa uses her disability to try and get sympathy and manipulate people, Natalie doesn't do that.

Interesting - I've never got the vibe that Nessa is using her disability to manipulate anyone other than Elphie...with Natalie I see Nessa being mostly  furious at her disability - and consequently really angry with Elphie for just being 'green' - and then in Act 2, using her power and position to manipulate politics to get the result she wants.  Hmm ... I shall have to watch more closely.  

I still haven't seen Emily!

#17 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:41 PM

Emily was quite a happy Nessa in Act 1 I think, she just kind of accepted how she/it was and got on with it. I suppose one might say that you don't get "wicked witch" vibes from her very much, but I dunno... Juust really liked her.

#18 Guest_JJ_*

Guest_JJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

Has anyone else heard rumours that a London Cast Recording is going to be released in October??

#19 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

I hope no one minds me interupting the discussion to ask (I thought that people reading this thread might be in the know) but where is the cheapest place to get tickets for Wicked?  are there any offers to be had?

Thanks

kjb

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(kjb @ Aug 24 2009, 04:36 PM) View Post
I hope no one minds me interupting the discussion to ask (I thought that people reading this thread might be in the know) but where is the cheapest place to get tickets for Wicked?  are there any offers to be had?

Thanks

kjb

Not really an offer as such, but through ticketmaster you can get good tickets for 25 - not sure if you've ever tried it but I've had B13/B14 (stalls) twice now and they are a perfect view.

Ash/Sarah have (if previous posts are correct) their 6th show together tonight, anyone know what's up with Alexia?

With regards to the London Cast Recording, where has this rumour come from? I'd love it, but I very much doubt this will happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users