#21 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(JJ @ Aug 24 2009, 05:19 PM) View Post
Has anyone else heard rumours that a London Cast Recording is going to be released in October??

From what I know (which I know isn't much) this is a rumour that has been in existence for a good couple of years. Maybe 2007? It has yet to happen, and whilst I would love it to happen, I don't think it will happen, at least not in the next year or so. I would like to think that  there might be a possibility of it being released for the shows 5th anniversary in London but I don't know.

I would also like to know what is up with Alexia. She seems to have been sick a lot during this run so far!

#22 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

With regards to the album, I have also heard something is happening in October.

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(Beanie88 @ Aug 24 2009, 07:56 PM) View Post
From what I know (which I know isn't much) this is a rumour that has been in existence for a good couple of years. Maybe 2007? It has yet to happen, and whilst I would love it to happen, I don't think it will happen, at least not in the next year or so. I would like to think that  there might be a possibility of it being released for the shows 5th anniversary in London but I don't know.

I would also like to know what is up with Alexia. She seems to have been sick a lot during this run so far!

Yes, members of the OLC said it was happening back around April/May 2007, but following cast change it obviously fell through and nothing happened.

#24 Guest_JWN_*

Guest_JWN_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

So I went to see WICKED last night for the first time since cast change. Was a bit nervous as I am not a fan of Alexia's Elphaba, but was going as Sarah was on. In the end it didn't matter as I got Ashleigh, who I hadn't seen before.

All I can say is wow! Vocally, it was probably one of the weaker performances I've seen, as I'm not sure if Natalie Anderson ill, or perhaps just not as powerful as Caroline, and similarly though Ashleigh hit all the notes (more or less) you can tell it isn't as effortless as some of the elphabas make it seem. What got me though, was the acting. It was superb -  Natalie and Ashleigh especially, they really put so much emotion in to the parts - I know the Ellis was never the greatest of actors, but I didn't realise how much weaker she was in acting, until I saw Ashleigh last night. It was amazing. Really glad I went.

Question though - have they changed the costumes? ( it could be because I don't generally sit as close as I did last night) but one thing that was bugging me - I always thought that Kerry's Elphaba boots were knee high, but last night Ashleigh seemed to be wearing almost ankle length dr martens? Also, the dress at the end, again, Kerrys always seemed rather low cut, but Ashelighs was much higher necked??

#25 Guest_Guest_Jen_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 24 2009, 06:23 PM) View Post
Ash/Sarah have (if previous posts are correct) their 6th show together tonight, anyone know what's up with Alexia?[/b]

No Idea whats going on with Lexi. Hope she is back soon though!

Jen wink.gif

#26 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Natalie isn't as powerful vocally as Caroline, but I'm pretty sure she's just been ill as well as I went on Saturday and Emily was on for Nessa.

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, Natalie had a bad cold, that's why she was off on Saturday, so I'm guessing she's still under the weather. But yeah, she's definitely not as strong a singer as Caroline. She's improved since cast change, though.

Wonder if Ash will be on again tonight?

#28 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

According to Wicked's website tonight is her last night confirmed so Alexia should be back on tomorrow.

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Where does it say that on the website? it only says Dianne's holiday? :S

#30 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

It did say it where it says about Dianne's holidays. They must have changed the website after I looked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users