* * * * - 10 votes

The Ongoing Wicked Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
7952 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

Changing it implies that Alexia may be back tomorrow right? Because the people who went tonight wouldn't be looking now.. Hmm.. I dunno.. otherwise they would have changed it to "Alexia is off until further notice due to illness?"

#32 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(JWN @ Aug 25 2009, 07:11 AM) View Post
So I went to see WICKED last night for the first time since cast change. Was a bit nervous as I am not a fan of Alexia's Elphaba, but was going as Sarah was on. In the end it didn't matter as I got Ashleigh, who I hadn't seen before.

All I can say is wow! Vocally, it was probably one of the weaker performances I've seen, as I'm not sure if Natalie Anderson ill, or perhaps just not as powerful as Caroline, and similarly though Ashleigh hit all the notes (more or less) you can tell it isn't as effortless as some of the elphabas make it seem. What got me though, was the acting. It was superb -  Natalie and Ashleigh especially, they really put so much emotion in to the parts - I know the Ellis was never the greatest of actors, but I didn't realise how much weaker she was in acting, until I saw Ashleigh last night. It was amazing. Really glad I went.

Question though - have they changed the costumes? ( it could be because I don't generally sit as close as I did last night) but one thing that was bugging me - I always thought that Kerry's Elphaba boots were knee high, but last night Ashleigh seemed to be wearing almost ankle length dr martens? Also, the dress at the end, again, Kerrys always seemed rather low cut, but Ashelighs was much higher necked??

Kerry didn't have knee high boots they were a bit longer than ankle boots though with a tiny heal and Kerry seemed to be the only Elphaba to have a v neck finale dress...no idea why lol. Glad you enjoyed Ashleigh I'm tempted to go see her again as I haven't seen her since February last year but I did promise myself the only time I'd go after cast change would be to see Sabrina...which I've done so I really shouldn't but we shall see.

I would assume the change on the website would mean Alexia should be back tomorrow.

#33 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

Kerry Ellis will return to the role of Elphaba on December 1, 2009 for one night only

Source: http://oz.wikia.com/wiki/Wicked_cast_lists

Any truth in this? Seems unlikely.

#34 Beanie88

Beanie88

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(tsxmitw @ Aug 26 2009, 09:38 AM) View Post
Source: http://oz.wikia.com/wiki/Wicked_cast_lists

Any truth in this? Seems unlikely.

Unless it turns up on her website I don't think it is true. Would be nice but considering how much she has said she is concentrating on her vocal career why would she come back for only one night?

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(guest @ Aug 25 2009, 09:29 PM) View Post
I would assume the change on the website would mean Alexia should be back tomorrow.

According to the WickedLondon twitter, another 2 Ash/Sarah shows today so Alexia is still off

#36 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

All I can say is the audiences who have seen Wicked since Saturday with Sarah and Ashleigh as the leading ladies have been spoilt!!! I went on Saturday pre-planned as I knew Sarah Earnshaw was on a Glinda and was amazed to find that Ashleigh was on with her!! I've always wanted to see them both together and it was like seeing a totally fresh cast!!! The chemistry they had together was touching and heart-warming!! With the expection of May 9th performance this has to be the best performance I have seen of Wicked!!! You can tell they are great pals, especially spending all the time backstage waiting to go on, and I am so happy they've had 6 shows together since saturday and its a shame Dianne is back tomorrow so maybe they would have more together?!?

Still no word about Alexia?? Its worrying to think shes had so much time off recently since she took over from Kerry?! Hope shes ok like!!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#37 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Alexia has swine flu. sad.gif

#38 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

really?

#39 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

But with swine flu your off 5-7days whereas poor alexia has been off and on since she took over in may?! Not complaining as I love ashleigh!!!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#40 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 26 2009, 08:22 PM) View Post
really?

Apparently - take with a pinch of salt mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users