7952 replies to this topic

#4921 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Having seen Adam, Ollie, Mark, Lee and Matt I have to say Matt is up there with Adam as the best ive seen.

#4922 MoonPig

MoonPig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

It's interesting that Matt splits opinion so much. What is it about his performance that you particulalrly like? I just felt he was totally miscast in the role of Fiyero and I didn't think his singing, dancing or acting  were good enough. There are so many more accomplished performers out there who should be given a shot rather than this culture of celeb casting to get bums on seats. Just my opinion but when you pay 60 for a seat, I think you should get someone who is properly up to the job.

#4923 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I like the fact he is different, and has a bit of an edge to him which suits the character.  He is meant to be a rebal after all.  He isnt too 'musical theatre' either.  His acting is good (especially when compared to Mark and Ollie who were like planks of wood).  Adam still comes out on top but I would have Matt a close second. Its all subjective, but personally seeing Ollie and Mark I didnt feel I got people who were up for the job for 60 (and yes that what i pay when I see Wicked).

#4924 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

I've seen Matt, Oli, Mark, Lee and someone I believe was called Dougal? As Titan says it is all subjective, for me Mark and Oli are my joint top. Lee I thought had a great voice but very dull acting, I can't really remember Dougal as it was my first time seeing the show, and I've already said my opinion on Matt! I wouldn't rule out seeing Matt again though to be sure of my judgement, but I would also like to see current u/s David.

#4925 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

I guess it all depends on which interpretation of the character you prefer as others have said. I have seen Lee, Lewis, Mark, Tommy, Matt and David. My personal favourite is Mark because I thought his singing, dancing and acting were all fab and for me he ticked all the boxes. All the others I've seen have had something slightly lacking in one of those areas. For me Mark's interpretation of Fiyero as a posh public schoolboy just felt more true to the character as a handsome Prince everyone lusts after than Matt's rebellious Fiyero but that's just down to personal preference! There've been bits of all of them that I've enjoyed but for me Mark just had that something extra.

#4926 Azincat

Azincat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Has there been any indication yet if Gina Beck is planning to stay or go at the next cast change?  I haven't seen Wicked for a while and wouldn't mind a return visit to see Gina's Glinda but it may be close to the end of the year before before I get there!  I'm assuming we will have a new Elphaba by then.

#4927 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostAzincat, on 24 May 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Has there been any indication yet if Gina Beck is planning to stay or go at the next cast change?  I haven't seen Wicked for a while and wouldn't mind a return visit to see Gina's Glinda but it may be close to the end of the year before before I get there!  I'm assuming we will have a new Elphaba by then.

No there hasn't - but i'd be very suprised if she does leave

#4928 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostMoonPig, on 23 May 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

As long as they get rid of the guy from Busted at cast change I for one will be happy. I saw the show a while back and he was just terrible! Rachel, on the other hand, just shone. She is the ultimate Elphaba and long may she reign. By the way, if she is pregnant does anyone think the baby might come out green?!! lol.

I actually have actually got used to Matt Willis now. It's dear Desmond as the Wizard that pains me. Anyway, loved the thought of a green mini Tucker!

#4929 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostAzincat, on 24 May 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

........ but it may be close to the end of the year before before I get there!  I'm assuming we will have a new Elphaba by then.

What makes you assume that? Oh now start start that conversation again  ;-)

#4930 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Poststevepearman, on 24 May 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

What makes you assume that? Oh now start start that conversation again  ;-)

One can assume that because she has played Elphaba for quite some time now. Not only is that tiring, but also very demanding for her voice and body. It was actually quite surprising that she didn't leave last cast change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users