7952 replies to this topic

#5451 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Last Wednesday I was on the last but one row at the back of the circle and it was basically full

#5452 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I went on a Saturday last month (matinee) and the Circle was probably half full, with the front half being more empty than the back half.

#5453 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

No Rachel at the matinee today, so I'm now determined to get to cast change!

#5454 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hope most of us will be at cast change :)

#5455 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I will be :-) Doing the muck up mat and the evening and staying down for Lou and the rest of the new cast's first show on the Monday! Between that and both Ghost closing shows on the 6th I think October's going to be a v busy and expensive but extremely exciting month lol!

#5456 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm also doing the muck up matinee and evening show. Then on monday Louise's first Elphaba show :)
Still cannot imagine Louise Elphaba though ...think Popular will be very weird !

Time is flying by and it'll soon be cast change - will be a very fun few days !

#5457 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Each to their own but I don't know how people can see the same show twice in a day or 3 times in a weekend! I don't get how you don't get bored with it (or become bankrupt :P) I do my best to spread my visits out because I love the show but I don't want to ruin it for myself by seeing it too often.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#5458 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cast Change is the only situation where I'd do it. The experience of a muck up matinee is totally different to a normal show and that's half the fun of watching it then obviously the evening shows are just out of this world because the whole cast are giving it their all. Have never done the first show of a new cast before- this will be a first time for me. I probably wouldn't have gone if it wasn't Louise's first show but the thought of seeing her Elphaba just excites me too much to want to wait. It'll be a good few months after that till I see the show again so that'll be a nice break- I do know what you mean about seeing a show too often and I am conscious of when my interest starts to wane which is when I take a break for a while. As for money- well as long as I can pay my bills and rent and afford to eat then any left over is mine to do what I wish with and it's my choice to spend that money having a good time at the theatre with my friends :-)

#5459 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well, I'm sure looking forward to cast change night in b row.
I have been to the first week of a new cast and was very disappointed  as they hadn't grown into their parts and got used to each other.

#5460 _Jakewgard

_Jakewgard

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Just got back from Tuesday night's and Today's Matinee performance's. First time i ever dayseated today and i got the middle of Row A i can say is that it was breathe taking and that Nikki is a true star and handled today's costume blooper very well as did Gina. Also last night after the show i was sat next to Gemma Atkins on the tube she is so so so lovely. But what really annoyed today is that i caught Rachel T outside Victoria Station where i asked if i could get a quick photo and nothing else. She seemed to be shocked by me asking her for a photo and then was replying to what i said in a snotty manor. I know everyone has their off days but i thought she was very rude and i was quite upset as i am a massive fan of hers. But she did give an amazing performance Tuesday night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users