poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

View Postisabel, on 26 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

It should NOT be discussed on here !

Really hope she doesn't see this thread !

Exactly.  Meant to add earlier that I think any kind of discussion about performers' private lives beyond what they themselves make public on twitter and the like is completely out of order.  I'd be hurt if that kind of speculation was made about me, and I'm sure many performers are the same.

#5622 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Agreed. I know for one that I would be very offended if I was a performer and I found out people were discussing whether on not I was pregnant! (Although that may well have something to do with being male...)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#5623 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well. Not first to say about her being pregnant, but how do you know? Pregnancy test? Lol

#5624 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Some of these fangirls on other social networks should take note as well!

On another subject does anyone know if there is a matinee on 25 October.  I have a Wicked leaflet stating there will be additional date. However I did get this at the start of the year and it does say subject to change.

Also Gemma Atkins said she will be on 4 October as her last performance as elphie. I thought she was staying on. Wonder if she will still be a cover then. Maybe she means in this contract.

#5625 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Sorry, but I disagree. As a performer in a high profile role who made comments on twitter that alluded to her remaining in some capacity involved with a show, when a different direction is taken its only natural to discuss why - we've all been doing it in this thread. Then when an answer is put forward its wrong to do so?

This isn't the dark ages, and being pregnant isn't something to be ashamed of. If she wanted to keep it quiet she wouldn't be performing past the initial three months - and I'd put good money on her being well past that stage.

This is a forum about theatre, and I see no issue in discussing how we might not be seeing one of the most promising stars on stage for a while due to a moment of personal happiness. As I mentioned earlier, it would most likely mean she'll be ready to return to the stage around the time of the rumoured tour, meaning its something on topic anyway.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#5626 Emg

Emg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

It's been almost a year since I last saw the show. I haven't even listened to my soundtrack for ages, not sure what's wrong with me ;) just wondered randomly, does anyone else skip through Something Bad?

#5627 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

I agree, i dont really see the difference between theatre fans discussing if someone is pregnant and the wider general public discussing if kate middleton (for example) is pregnant. Both are in the public eye, theatre geeks just happen to be a smaller quantity. Im sure Rachel wouldnt be bothered and just laugh it off, unless she takes herself too seriously

#5628 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

View PostKevinUK, on 26 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

This is a forum about theatre

Yes, not a forum about performers' private lives.  If someone was pregnant and wanted people to know, then there are plenty of ways of making it known.  If that is the case, then it is information in the public domain and discussion is probably inevitable.  Speculation, however, is another thing entirely, and I find it strange that anyone would condone speculating on the private life of someone they don't even know.  I think it's fair to expect a bit more respect for performers than that.

As a performer in a high profile role who made comments on twitter that alluded to her remaining in some capacity involved with a show, when a different direction is taken its only natural to discuss why

She made the remarks in an interview, not twitter, so she could in fact have been misquoted for all anyone knows.  Discussing how she could possibly remain involved in the show is one thing, but it's been known for a long time now that she's leaving the London production, so there's no real need to speculate on why that was at all.  She's served the show very well and she deserves better than to be the subject of idle gossip in my opinion.

#5629 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

I don't understand where people got the idea that Rachel wanted to stay beyond this contract. She's been in the show for nearly 3 years now, and as far as I know is the longest running Elphaba in London!! Everyone thought she was going to leave with Louise at the last cast change. Did people actually think she'd extend yet AGAIN?!
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#5630 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostEmg, on 26 September 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

It's been almost a year since I last saw the show. I haven't even listened to my soundtrack for ages, not sure what's wrong with me ;) just wondered randomly, does anyone else skip through Something Bad?

I usually skip Something Bad, A Sentimental Man and Thank Goodness!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users