#5631 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postposter J, on 26 September 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Yes, not a forum about performers' private lives.  If someone was pregnant and wanted people to know, then there are plenty of ways of making it known.  If that is the case, then it is information in the public domain and discussion is probably inevitable.  Speculation, however, is another thing entirely, and I find it strange that anyone would condone speculating on the private life of someone they don't even know.  I think it's fair to expect a bit more respect for performers than that.

She made the remarks in an interview, not twitter, so she could in fact have been misquoted for all anyone knows.  Discussing how she could possibly remain involved in the show is one thing, but it's been known for a long time now that she's leaving the London production, so there's no real need to speculate on why that was at all.  She's served the show very well and she deserves better than to be the subject of idle gossip in my opinion.

Had I said "Oh, she's filing for bankruptcy on Monday" then I would understand, however you have taken everything out of context as I have explained how it is valid as a fan of both Wicked and Rachel, as it impacts on her work.  But you hit the nail on the head - it's all opinion and please remember that just because you disagree with a conversation thread, doesn't mean it's wrong to discuss it. I suggest for a continued discussion, it may be best you go see Wicked and form an opinion on the matter :)
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#5632 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postposter J, on 26 September 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I usually skip Something Bad, A Sentimental Man and Thank Goodness!

Anything with the Wizard I skip, along with Something Bad. I also hate the recording of NGD, ad it was only since Rachel took over that I started to appreciate the song.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#5633 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 26 September 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Had I said "Oh, she's filing for bankruptcy on Monday" then I would understand, however you have taken everything out of context as I have explained how it is valid as a fan of both Wicked and Rachel, as it impacts on her work.  But you hit the nail on the head - it's all opinion and please remember that just because you disagree with a conversation thread, doesn't mean it's wrong to discuss it. I suggest for a continued discussion, it may be best you go see Wicked and form an opinion on the matter :)

I'm going to see it next Saturday (I presume you mean see it as it currently stands, as I've seen it multiple times), and I have absolutely no intention of commenting on this topic at all.  I maintain my opinion that it's disrespectful to Rachel, and disagree that it's valid to discuss as a fan of both Wicked and Rachel, and therefore if the discussion persists I'm going to have to avoid this thread entirely until it's back on what I feel is a more respectful topic.  Please remember that just because I disagree with a conversation thread doesn't mean I can't say so.  I'm far from the only one who's uncomfortable with the discussion that's been had.

#5634 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

It wasn't even an interview Rachel said about "being green again soon" (if that's what people are referring to when suggesting she hinted at being in a show), I believe it was some random stage door comment that got picked up on...

Is it bad while watching it live I majorly switch off in some songs now?! I still enjoy the show overall, particularly this cast, enough to pay to see it, but there are parts where I'm thinking I could really skip this bit :blink:

#5635 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostMusicals1248, on 26 September 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

It wasn't even an interview Rachel said about "being green again soon" (if that's what people are referring to when suggesting she hinted at being in a show), I believe it was some random stage door comment that got picked up on...

Is it bad while watching it live I majorly switch off in some songs now?! I still enjoy the show overall, particularly this cast, enough to pay to see it, but there are parts where I'm thinking I could really skip this bit :blink:

Quite - it's entirely possible a certain case of Chinese whispered picked up that story before it settled on here anyway!

And nope, when I saw Wicked a lot I was happily switching off internally. To be fair though, it was when I realised I was doing so that I realised I had seen the show more than enough times..!

#5636 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Ha! I don't think anyone can claim to still be fully excited by every single part of the show after 50+ visits... There are parts of the show I find dull and repetitive now, too. Nothing to do with the cast or the show or the audience, it's my own fault for having seen it so much!
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#5637 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

By the way... it's exactly 1 month till cast change. So weird how time literally flies!
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#5638 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Woohooo this time next month - cannot wait :) Seems like only yesterday Louise left, and now she's coming back. feels like she never left.

Hope they have a good 6th birthday show tonight

#5639 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostSam4God, on 26 September 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Ha! I don't think anyone can claim to still be fully excited by every single part of the show after 50+ visits... There are parts of the show I find dull and repetitive now, too. Nothing to do with the cast or the show or the audience, it's my own fault for having seen it so much!

I'm nowhere near 50+ visits, more like 15 over 4 years, so I can't imagine what I'd be like by 50 haha!

#5640 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

so rachel will be showing by then for sure!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users