#5641 johartuk

johartuk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostKevinUK, on 26 September 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Sorry, but I disagree. As a performer in a high profile role who made comments on twitter that alluded to her remaining in some capacity involved with a show, when a different direction is taken its only natural to discuss why - we've all been doing it in this thread. Then when an answer is put forward its wrong to do so?

This isn't the dark ages, and being pregnant isn't something to be ashamed of. If she wanted to keep it quiet she wouldn't be performing past the initial three months - and I'd put good money on her being well past that stage.

This is a forum about theatre, and I see no issue in discussing how we might not be seeing one of the most promising stars on stage for a while due to a moment of personal happiness. As I mentioned earlier, it would most likely mean she'll be ready to return to the stage around the time of the rumoured tour, meaning its something on topic anyway.

The issue is that people are discussing this online - which basically means, it's being discussed publically.  People aren't just speculating either - some are saying she is pregnant as if it's an established fact, when no public announcement has been made by Rachel.

Incidentally, I'm fully aware that this isn't the dark ages and pregnancy isn't something to be ashamed of.  However, many women choose to wait until they've passed the first three months to announce the good news, because that's the period when miscarriages are most likely to occur.  Also, at the end of the day, it should be up to Rachel and her husband to announce any pregnancy, not random people on the internet!

#5642 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Saw the show tonight, third row. FanTASTIC. Rachel, Gina and the whole of the cast were on fine form. Met them at the end of the show and they were lovely.

I know it's not really to be discussed on here and I agree but Rachel IS pregnant. She came out with loads of baby gifts this evening and balloons. Then one lady said she didn't realise and Rachel said 'what... Really, not on that last dress' (something along those lines) and then laughed. :)

#5643 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I hope that life hasn't imitated art and that the paternity revelation in the show hasn't happened in real life.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#5644 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostMichael H, on 30 September 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I hope that life hasn't imitated art and that the paternity revelation in the show hasn't happened in real life.

I think that's very unnecessary.

#5645 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Please give pregnancy speculations a rest for a while.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#5646 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

The booking period is now until 2 November 2013. Tickets on sale tomorrow.
http://westend.broad...h.jk1SZACH.dpbs

#5647 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postposter J, on 30 September 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I think that's very unnecessary.

Apologies.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#5648 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

The new cast must be starting rehearsals tomorrow - getting exciting now :)

#5649 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Sorry to keep asking the same question, but it got lost in the last couple of pages:  has anyone dayseated recently?

I'm going on Saturday and wondered how early I'm going to need to be there (I want tickets for the matinee) - would 8.30 be early enough these days or slightly earlier to be sure?

#5650 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Postposter J, on 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Sorry to keep asking the same question, but it got lost in the last couple of pages:  has anyone dayseated recently?

I'm going on Saturday and wondered how early I'm going to need to be there (I want tickets for the matinee) - would 8.30 be early enough these days or slightly earlier to be sure?

Personally i'd get there as early as possible, better to be too early than too late !
Also with CC coming up dayseating may be more popular - people wanting to see Rachel etc before they leave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users