7950 replies to this topic

#5671 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Matt has grown to be my favourite Fiyero out of the 3 I have seen. He really grew into the role and I actually believe he was a bit of a rebel unlike Mark or Lee's portrayal. His singing has improved loads aswell.

#5672 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostRC1972, on 08 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Any opinion on matt Willis leaving the show ? Seen it 3 times already and loved him !

I didn't like his Fiyero at all, thought his dancing, singing and acting were all weak.  If that's his singing improved then I'm glad I didn't go at the start of his run as it didn't seem to have much energy or light and shade at all sadly.  I can well believe his Fiyero was a rebel, but I didn't believe his falling in love with Elphaba, which most other Fiyeros, Mark especially, have made really believable.  As Long As You're Mine should be emotional and passionate and it wasn't.

But it's all personal preference of course, and he did have good chemistry with Gina I thought, plus they both continued acting when the focus wasn't on them (like when they're standing to the side at the Ozdust ballroom), which is always a plus!

#5673 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

I loved Matt and the edge he brought to the role, second only to adam for me as best fiyero. Far better than the planks of wood that were oli and mark

#5674 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

With people saying that Rachel will be doing 7 shows per week up until Cast Change, would it be reasonable to think that Wednesday 24th Matinee could be Nikki's last show?

#5675 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

View Postdaniel., on 09 October 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

With people saying that Rachel will be doing 7 shows per week up until Cast Change, would it be reasonable to think that Wednesday 24th Matinee could be Nikki's last show?

Maybe - but then again it's Rachel's final week so she may choose to do all the shows

#5676 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postisabel, on 09 October 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Maybe - but then again it's Rachel's final week so she may choose to do all the shows

Very true.  I may make the trip down anyway.  Don't think I'll be able to get down on the Saturday.  Nikki's last/one of Rachel's last would be a very good compensator for missing cast change!

#5677 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postdaniel., on 09 October 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

I wouldn't rule it out.
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#5678 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Can't believe cast change is so close now. On one had I will be absolutely gutted on the night that Rachel is leaving, I'm really really going to miss her playing Elphaba. But then on the other hand I'm glad that Louise is taking it on, it seems so right, do you know what I mean? I'm really looking forward to hearing Louise belt out those big songs, especially No Good Deed!

#5679 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Me and my wife saw the show and met Rachel, Gina and Matt at the stage door after the evening performance and this time we are taking the kids too. They are really looking forward to meeting Louise, Gina, Katie and the rest of the cast. After the matinee performance, do the cast come out like they do after the evening performance?

#5680 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

View Postmusicalepicness99, on 11 October 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Me and my wife saw the show and met Rachel, Gina and Matt at the stage door after the evening performance and this time we are taking the kids too. They are really looking forward to meeting Louise, Gina, Katie and the rest of the cast. After the matinee performance, do the cast come out like they do after the evening performance?

I can't speak for them or say for definite but I'd say it's far less common for them to come out after matinees, especially the leads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users