7950 replies to this topic

#5681 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostMusicals1248, on 11 October 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

I can't speak for them or say for definite but I'd say it's far less common for them to come out after matinees, especially the leads.
Ah. Thanks for replying anyway. Of course you could do something around London and come back in the evening.

So say we could all go around London for a few hours and then get back to the theatre to be at the stage door. Or we could all go back and then I go back to the theatre for after the evening performance.

Whenever I've done stage doors, I've always been at the show itself. But could I do that?

#5682 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm not sure about the cast of Wicked in particular, but often many people can catch the cast of musicals heading in through the stage door before the evening performance, perhaps an hour or so before. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Wicked specifically with be more able to give a more accurate time for going to the stage door before the evening performance than I. Taking into consideration the amount of time it will take for Louise to "green-ify" for her performance, I would assume she would be there particularly earlier than the rest.

#5683 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postmystifyre, on 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I'm not sure about the cast of Wicked in particular, but often many people can catch the cast of musicals heading in through the stage door before the evening performance, perhaps an hour or so before. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Wicked specifically with be more able to give a more accurate time for going to the stage door before the evening performance than I. Taking into consideration the amount of time it will take for Louise to "green-ify" for her performance, I would assume she would be there particularly earlier than the rest.
Aah. I've never actually done that. I should though! Normally we go around London before going to the theatre about an hour before the show.

I remember when me and my wife met Rachel, it took her a while to "de-green-ify" after the performance. But she still looked great after it which couldn't have been easy

#5684 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postmusicalepicness99, on 11 October 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ah. Thanks for replying anyway. Of course you could do something around London and come back in the evening.

So say we could all go around London for a few hours and then get back to the theatre to be at the stage door. Or we could all go back and then I go back to the theatre for after the evening performance.

Whenever I've done stage doors, I've always been at the show itself. But could I do that?

As you've seen it that day I would say that's fine. I've heard of people stage dooring though when they haven't seen the show for a while which I find a bit rude personally!

As for the actors coming in at Wicked, I think Rachel tends to get there similar times to other people so not drastically earlier, maybe an hour and a half before the show starts? Certainly no more than 2 hours before unless there's an event at the theatre. Louise I don't think anyone will get an idea until she starts, and I never met her as Glinda so not sure what time she used to arrive :)

#5685 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostMusicals1248, on 11 October 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

As you've seen it that day I would say that's fine. I've heard of people stage dooring though when they haven't seen the show for a while which I find a bit rude personally!

As for the actors coming in at Wicked, I think Rachel tends to get there similar times to other people so not drastically earlier, maybe an hour and a half before the show starts? Certainly no more than 2 hours before unless there's an event at the theatre. Louise I don't think anyone will get an idea until she starts, and I never met her as Glinda so not sure what time she used to arrive :)
I'd pretty much always give someone who had seen the show and was a hardcore fan the 'right-away', if you get what I'm saying :wacko:

I'm so looking forward to seeing Louise after hearing her as Glinda. Plus with Gina and Katie as Glinda and Nessa will be amazing!

#5686 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postmusicalepicness99, on 11 October 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Me and my wife saw the show and met Rachel, Gina and Matt at the stage door after the evening performance and this time we are taking the kids too. They are really looking forward to meeting Louise, Gina, Katie and the rest of the cast. After the matinee performance, do the cast come out like they do after the evening performance?

Louise more than likely won't -  I've not heard of whoever played Elphaba coming out after a matinee due to the whole greenifying/degreenifying process they have to do. When she was Glinda I met her after a matinee and she said Rachel wouldn't be out.  It's easier for the Glindas I guess, less make-up to take off!  So I'd say you've got a fair chance of meeting everyone other than whoever's playing Elphaba that day.

#5687 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

View Postmystifyre, on 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I'm not sure about the cast of Wicked in particular, but often many people can catch the cast of musicals heading in through the stage door before the evening performance, perhaps an hour or so before.

That's not usually a very good idea. These are people on their way to work, and work that has a fixed starting time at that. Delaying them by more than a few seconds in total is unlikely to be appreciated.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#5688 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostMatthew Winn, on 12 October 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

That's not usually a very good idea. These are people on their way to work, and work that has a fixed starting time at that. Delaying them by more than a few seconds in total is unlikely to be appreciated.
Ah. Of course

#5689 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

2 weeks tomorrow till CC - time is going by so quickly !

Not many seats left on Ticketmaster for the evening show - gonna be an amazing night :)

#5690 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

View Postposter J, on 11 October 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Louise more than likely won't -  I've not heard of whoever played Elphaba coming out after a matinee due to the whole greenifying/degreenifying process they have to do. When she was Glinda I met her after a matinee and she said Rachel wouldn't be out.  It's easier for the Glindas I guess, less make-up to take off!  So I'd say you've got a fair chance of meeting everyone other than whoever's playing Elphaba that day.

Well, there is a lot less make-up to remove. It will probably be a shock to Louise after just having normal make-up to remove to go to the 'green-ifying' and 'de-green-ifying'.

And it will be amazing hearing the 'Aah' at the end of Defying Gravity coming from Louise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users