Jump to content


* * * * - 10 votes

The Ongoing Wicked Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
7950 replies to this topic

#5691 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:North Yorkshire

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have known  the girls who have played Elphaba to come out after a matinee but usually not til about 6 and then they just wanna quickly run out for something to eat and then they run back in to eat and greenify up again.

#5692 musicalepicness99

musicalepicness99

    Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Posttheatre_kirsty, on 12 October 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

I have known  the girls who have played Elphaba to come out after a matinee but usually not til about 6 and then they just wanna quickly run out for something to eat and then they run back in to eat and greenify up again.
Well it seems as though we'll just return in the evening to see them

#5693 isabel

isabel

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostMatthew Winn, on 12 October 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

That's not usually a very good idea. These are people on their way to work, and work that has a fixed starting time at that. Delaying them by more than a few seconds in total is unlikely to be appreciated.

I suggest you tell this to the fangirls, lol.

#5694 TR252

TR252

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postisabel, on 12 October 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

2 weeks tomorrow till CC - time is going by so quickly !

Not many seats left on Ticketmaster for the evening show - gonna be an amazing night :)

Yes, I looked on ticket master the other day. It's going to be a fantastic evening, I really can't wait!!!

I wonder what it feels like to be part of the audience if you don't follow the show as much as we do and you're watching a cast change night without knowing? It must be pretty surreal with all the cheering! I was a bit worried about the cheering at Louise's last show because that was my first cast change but I found it didn't take away from the performance, it added to the atmosphere. Hope it's just like that at Rachel's last!

#5695 isabel

isabel

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostTR252, on 12 October 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yes, I looked on ticket master the other day. It's going to be a fantastic evening, I really can't wait!!!

I wonder what it feels like to be part of the audience if you don't follow the show as much as we do and you're watching a cast change night without knowing? It must be pretty surreal with all the cheering! I was a bit worried about the cheering at Louise's last show because that was my first cast change but I found it didn't take away from the performance, it added to the atmosphere. Hope it's just like that at Rachel's last!

Think Rachels will be a lot louder !

#5696 Sam4God

Sam4God

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostTR252, on 12 October 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yes, I looked on ticket master the other day. It's going to be a fantastic evening, I really can't wait!!!

I wonder what it feels like to be part of the audience if you don't follow the show as much as we do and you're watching a cast change night without knowing? It must be pretty surreal with all the cheering! I was a bit worried about the cheering at Louise's last show because that was my first cast change but I found it didn't take away from the performance, it added to the atmosphere. Hope it's just like that at Rachel's last!

I'm a regular Wicked-goer, and I hated all the cheering at Louise's last show! It ruined the show for me and I thought some of the fans really took their 'appreciation' to a whole new unnecessary and annoying level. People were screaming and cheering during Rachel's singing parts in Defying Gravity... it wasn't even Rachel's last show! I personally found it very annoying. Of course cheering (a bit more than usual, and especially for the leaving cast members) is a nice gesture; but over-the-top cheering after every single line/song for cast members who aren't even leaving, is rude in my opinion. I wanted to hear Rachel's amazing Defying Gravity at the last cast change properly and never got the chance to thanks to the loud screams DURING the song.
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#5697 TR252

TR252

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostSam4God, on 12 October 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

I'm a regular Wicked-goer, and I hated all the cheering at Louise's last show! It ruined the show for me and I thought some of the fans really took their 'appreciation' to a whole new unnecessary and annoying level. People were screaming and cheering during Rachel's singing parts in Defying Gravity... it wasn't even Rachel's last show! I personally found it very annoying. Of course cheering (a bit more than usual, and especially for the leaving cast members) is a nice gesture; but over-the-top cheering after every single line/song for cast members who aren't even leaving, is rude in my opinion. I wanted to hear Rachel's amazing Defying Gravity at the last cast change properly and never got the chance to thanks to the loud screams DURING the song.

That's a shame! I was in the dress circle and quite far back so there wasn't much cheering at all up there (apart from at the end of the big songs), just a bit of clapping. I could hear it from below where all the biggest fans were so maybe that's why it didn't bother me at all because I could still hear everything really wel, it added a bit of energy to things I thought. I'm sat up there again for Rachel's last so I'm hoping it will be the same but as Isabel has said it might be louder. Oh well. I'm just glad I'll be there.

I want to just add.. I didn't cheer in the middle of songs, I'm don't really... cheer!! Especially when nobody else around me is :P

#5698 Sam4God

Sam4God

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostTR252, on 12 October 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

That's a shame! I was in the dress circle and quite far back so there wasn't much cheering at all up there (apart from at the end of the big songs), just a bit of clapping. I could hear it from below where all the biggest fans were so maybe that's why it didn't bother me at all because I could still hear everything really wel, it added a bit of energy to things I thought. I'm sat up there again for Rachel's last so I'm hoping it will be the same but as Isabel has said it might be louder. Oh well. I'm just glad I'll be there.

I want to just add.. I didn't cheer in the middle of songs, I'm don't really... cheer!! Especially when nobody else around me is :P

Ha! Well I was in row B of stalls, so that's probably why it was louder for me... I literally felt surrounded by a group of never-ending cheer-ers (if that's a word :P) - I cheered too, but not in the middle of songs or anywhere that could've been distracting to first-time visitors.
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

#5699 TR252

TR252

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostSam4God, on 12 October 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Ha! Well I was in row B of stalls, so that's probably why it was louder for me... I literally felt surrounded by a group of never-ending cheer-ers (if that's a word :P) - I cheered too, but not in the middle of songs or anywhere that could've been distracting to first-time visitors.

Haha, yes I imagine the first rows were pretty intense! It would probably have annoyed me much more if it was around me and I couldn't hear the singing.

Are you going to Rachel's last? Where abouts are you sat? I couldn't really afford any good seats but I'm happy with the view the back of the dress circle gives anyway. I just want to be there and to experience Rachel's last show.

#5700 isabel

isabel

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostSam4God, on 12 October 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Ha! Well I was in row B of stalls, so that's probably why it was louder for me... I literally felt surrounded by a group of never-ending cheer-ers (if that's a word :P) - I cheered too, but not in the middle of songs or anywhere that could've been distracting to first-time visitors.

I was in row C Stalls for Louise's final night and like you was surrounded by fans screaming at everything.

I'm actually in row B Stalls for Rachel's final show - really hoping i'll have some 'normal' people around me !

Looks like the new Glinda Standby (don't know her name) has a show on the 1st November.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users