7950 replies to this topic

#5831 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

OMG best defying gravity ever!!!! Rachel kissed the audience goodbye instead of punching the air with her broom at the end!!!

#5832 Steviepbadger

Steviepbadger

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Very good performance, although somewhat distracted by the ridiculous audible crying/breakdown of a girl in the front row.

#5833 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Incredddddible performance this evening! Rachel blew the roof off. No Good Deed was exceptional!

#5834 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Loved it! What a end to the best ever Elphie. Rachel was wonderful. Her little touches tonight made it special.

#5835 acapella

acapella

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

That was amazing, so glad I went.

When I arrived there was a fangirl sitting in front of me who was boasting to her friend about how loudly she'd screamed at every in-joke during the matinee, and laughing at how a woman sitting next to her (seeing the show for the first time) had asked her to be quiet. At that point I started to wonder what the hell I was doing there...

But although the screaming was loud and admittedly intrusive, I ended up not minding. That show was always going to be much more about Rachel Tucker than it was about Elphaba, but the atmosphere was so great and the love for Tucker and the show so palpable that I don't think anyone would begrudge it. I imagine even a first time viewer would have found it hard not to get swept up in the whole thing.

La Dearman has big shoes to fill...

#5836 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostTR252, on 27 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

OMG best defying gravity ever!!!! Rachel kissed the audience goodbye instead of punching the air with her broom at the end!!!

Aww...this made me feel weepy...gutted I couldn't get there tonight, but bring on Monday!
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#5837 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Wow, what a night. Rachel put her heart and soul in to that, as she has done for all 900+ performances. Loved her little 'goodbye' touches and her Defying Gravity/No Good Deed were exceptional. Lots of her family were sat behind me and you could tell they're extremely proud of her.

The rest of the cast were on fire as expected too. I look forward to hearing reviews of Louise on Monday :)

#5838 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

'It's just, for the last time, I feel... Wicked' Not at all ashamed to say I cried.

The perfect end to the perfect elphaba, I had goosebumps throughout the show, and no joke, in No good deed I could feel the hairs on my head standing on end. I also have to comment on how amazing Gina was, and how much she has improved since I saw her in January. I don't know what else to say! I thought the audience was great actually, and I will never forget this night, which goes down as the greatest night in My Musical Theatre Loving Lifetime! :D
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#5839 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

There was 1 girl in the front row who sobbed SO loudly during the Finale, it was hard to hear Gina up in her Bubble, and Matt and Rachel talking

I will really miss Rachel & feel VERY odd about seeing Louise on Monday !

Also have to mention Rachel's speech - what a lovely speech she made ! The best CC i've ever heard

In the muck-up matinee does anyone know what Rachel was saying as she melted ? - i couldn't hear it properly

#5840 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Someone has already uploaded Rachel's DG and NGD on YouTube... that was quick! ha!

I'm glad I was there tonight - it was my first time seeing Rachel in a very long time, and she really put everything into her performance. Her 'No Good Deed' especially was phenomenal.
'For the last time... I feel Wicked' reminded me of Kerry's last show. I'm glad she did it too, though! Also loved her little wave to the audience before the melting scene when she leaves Glinda.

The speeches at the end could've been a bit more personal in my opinion, especially for the 2 standbys - I think they deserved a bit more recognition than they got... But overall it was good and Rachel's speech was very honest and heart-felt.

She's been an excellent 'Elphie' and although not my personal favourite, it has been nice to see her on a few occasions since she joined the show almost 3 years ago. Wish her the best of luck for the future :) Still think it's amazing she continued performing in the show till the very end despite being very pregnant! Dedication.
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users