7952 replies to this topic

#5851 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I thought she did every riff she's ever done so not sure how people thought she could do more!

#5852 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postisabel, on 28 October 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

No idea ! Just what the Wickedlondon Twitter account said

Oh that's exciting!!

And yes I don't think she could have done any more riffs. I was secretly hoping she would go up on 'team' in TWAI like at the Oliviers but it wasn't to be. But her vocals were IMO flawless last night. She sounded quite teary on For Good.

Also was Gina singing the very last 'wicked' at the end of the show? It looked like she was too upset to from my seat - I was quite far back!!

#5853 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

No Gina wasn't singing at the veryvery end - she was crying. She was struggling lastnight, more upset than Rachel was. At one stage when Rachel came to the corner of the stage she had tears streaming down her face - bless her.

Talking about crying,the interval was hysterical, full of fans sobbing and hugging each other

#5854 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm just listening to the audios now, her last Wizard and I sounds incredible, and I love the riff on 'melt', it's not one I've heard her do before!

And thank goodness for a clearer audio of Defying Gravity than there was last night, she really does sound on top form, some stunning riffs!

My gosh that was a stunning 'Fiyero!' in No Good Deed, no-one sings that song better than Rachel in my opinion, but sounds like she really outdid herself last night, she took it up yet another level that I didn't think possible!

#5855 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Postposter J, on 28 October 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

I'm just listening to the audios now, her last Wizard and I sounds incredible, and I love the riff on 'melt', it's not one I've heard her do before!

Ahhh listen to the ALAYM audio, the cheering lasted for ages ! " for the very last time i feel .... Wicked"

#5856 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

View Postisabel, on 28 October 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Ahhh listen to the ALAYM audio, the cheering lasted for ages ! " for the very last time i feel .... Wicked"

Oh has someone added that? Excellent. I had a listen this morning from my phone but can't wait to get home this evening and have a proper listen!

I still keep remembering the kiss she blew the audience at the end of defying gravity - brilliant!

#5857 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postisabel, on 28 October 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Oh is that up?  Didn't see it in a YT search about 20 minutes ago!  I'm listening to For Good at the minute :'(

#5858 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Here .   Rachel's final ALAYM

#5859 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Omg Louise look amazing as Elphaba !

#5860 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Thanks, I found it :)  Matt sounds a lot better than I thought he did a couple of weeks ago!  Rachel sounds amazing as always, and that 'for the last time' made me a little teary.  Really does sound like it was an amazing final show.

Have to say, whether she's anyone's own favourite Elphaba or not, surely we all can agree she's been a brilliant ambassador for the show, and her speech showed how much she loves it.

Personally she's my favourite Elphaba by a mile and it was an absolute privilege to watch her in the role 5 times.  I wish her all the love and luck in the world, and a very restful and happy maternity leave.  Hopefully she'll be back on a West End stage sometime soon, she definitely belongs there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users