#5871 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostSam4God, on 28 October 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yes, they could've at least come to the front for a few seconds - considering what a big part they've both played in the show for so long (almost 3 years for Nikki!). Oh well.

Yeah like when Ashleigh left she was standing in the line with the Principle Cast who were leaving. Still think Sarah Earnshaw's speech she made that night was the best i've ever heard.

But i also think Rachel's speech lastnight was much better than Kerry Ellis's.

#5872 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostMS1995, on 28 October 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Just to say, at the stage door last night, one of the ensemble members (Possibly Michelle Pentecost, but I am by no means sure of that) said that Louise's The Wizard And I is AMAZING!

I wouldn't doubt it...EXCITED!!!
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#5873 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postwickedlover, on 28 October 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

I wouldn't doubt it...EXCITED!!!

Are you going tomorrow night ?

#5874 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I did enjoy the show last night, second time seeing Rachel and first time seeing this cast, Rachel was much better than the last time I saw her (as she would be on her last) but still felt I wanted more, perhaps I went to late and all the hype had me having too high expectations. That said I did enjoy her interpretation.

There is no denying the fact that girl can sing, however would have been nice to have heard her riffs? What possesses people to scream over the best bits in beyond me... if you're excited scream at the end not during the actual note? If you were one of those douchebags please do not try and justify it, it can't be vindicated.
Highlight of her performance was that she used a few familiar riffs from other actresses that have played the role before her (not just London). I like that someone who’s a fan of the show can use things they like or have heard from others to influence their own interpretation.

On a final note about the evening dear said girl crying during the final, I could hear you from the circle, might be good to work on that. Although managed to seek attention from the volume, I just didn’t believe them.

#5875 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

View Postisabel, on 28 October 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Yeah like when Ashleigh left she was standing in the line with the Principle Cast who were leaving. Still think Sarah Earnshaw's speech she made that night was the best i've ever heard.

But i also think Rachel's speech lastnight was much better than Kerry Ellis's.

Rachel's much more natural at those sort of things. Kerry's always admitted she's terrified of talking to a crowd! Though she's got much better since leaving Wicked :)

#5876 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Is Michelle Pentecost the new first cover Elphaba? Apparently Gemma Atkins won't cover her any more or something?
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#5877 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postisabel, on 28 October 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Are you going tomorrow night ?

Yeah, booked my ticket without even thinking the day Louise was announced :-) Row L, Stalls
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#5878 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm going aswell - Stalls Row C :). Wonder what the atmosphere will be like, wonder if she'll get a cheer when she runs on ?
Hope DG and NGD aren't drowned out by people screaming !

Not that many tickets left on Ticketmaster :)

#5879 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View Postisabel, on 28 October 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I'm going aswell - Stalls Row C :). Wonder what the atmosphere will be like, wonder if she'll get a cheer when she runs on ?
Hope DG and NGD aren't drowned out by people screaming !

Not that many tickets left on Ticketmaster :)

Woah, I just looked! I'm sure it will be a good enthusiastic atmosphere but I don't think there will be too much cheering. Fingers crossed anyway - I'm not going but your sake!

Over the past hour I've listened to a few audios from last night and just got really really sad that Rachel has finished but I've just started feeling really positive about this new chapter of Wicked. Really looking forward to hearing about Louise who I am sure will be fantastic. I can't wait to see her for myself! :)

#5880 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Have to admit I'm surprised by how clear the audios of Rachel's last are, I expected more notes to be drowned out by screaming, but the only bits that are really inaudible are the 'wicked' at the end of ASAYM, and a bit of Defying Gravity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users