7952 replies to this topic

#5941 Shady23

Shady23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

"Playing as it should be" in your opinion!! There is no right or wrong way to play it, everyone has their own different take, which is as it should be. If this wasn't the case the Producers would just be getting the next one in who is just a carbon copy of the person who played the role before and who wants that?

#5942 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostShady23, on 31 October 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

"Playing as it should be" in your opinion!! There is no right or wrong way to play it, everyone has their own different take, which is as it should be. If this wasn't the case the Producers would just be getting the next one in who is just a carbon copy of the person who played the role before and who wants that?

This is the great thing about Elphaba,every actress plays it differently :) VERY pleased Louise isn't trying to copy Rachel

#5943 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Think Sophie linder lee maybe on tomorrow for the matinee.

Where did this KRJ as elphaba cover come from? There is nothing in the programme or website unless she has said it herself.  Only Michelle Pentecost is stated.

#5944 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postmunchkinmania, on 31 October 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

Think Sophie linder lee maybe on tomorrow for the matinee.

Where did this KRJ as elphaba cover come from? There is nothing in the programme or website unless she has said it herself.  Only Michelle Pentecost is stated.

In my programme I got on Monday night KRJ is definitely down as 2nd cover Elphaba after Michelle. It's on the cast list page.

#5945 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostJoysie, on 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

In my programme I got on Monday night KRJ is definitely down as 2nd cover Elphaba after Michelle. It's on the cast list page.

At least that means there is now five girls capable of performing the role in the company. Hopefully there will be no more of the bringing back old standbys to cover business again - that said I think everyone thought it when there were four girls...

#5946 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Thanks Seen it now. Was only looking at the info with the photos.

#5947 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostShady23, on 31 October 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

did I not start the sentance before with "My personal opinion"?

#5948 flying_free

flying_free

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I see from Wicked's website that Louise is off the 24th November. Does anyone know if Hayley will be on that date? I'd be interested in seeing her, also is the day queue just as nuts as it used to be.

#5949 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Another hint at a UK tour. The Bord Gais theatre in Dublin replied to an enquiry about Wicked coming to the theatre:

" Karen all we can say at the moment is to keep watching this space as the witches may be coming very soon!!!!

#5950 CrunchemHall

CrunchemHall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Louise's highlights from her third show (Oct 31st) have been posted on Youtube. She sounds less sick than she was on her opening night, still I can't picture her as Elphaba ... she's got more like a classical/opera type of voice. I had the same feeling when Alfie Boe was playing Valjean at Les Mis. Don't get me wrong though, she's a fantastic singer!

As for last Saturday night ... fantastic show. Rachel Tucker will be missed for sure, she sounded so effortless (even apparently sick), and what an atmosphere ! Loved every minute of it ! I thought the speech was very moving too and very sincere, you could tell it came from the heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users