#5951 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostCrunchemHall, on 01 November 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Louise's highlights from her third show (Oct 31st) have been posted on Youtube. She sounds less sick than she was on her opening night, still I can't picture her as Elphaba ... she's got more like a classical/opera type of voice. I had the same feeling when Alfie Boe was playing Valjean at Les Mis. Don't get me wrong though, she's a fantastic singer!

As for last Saturday night ... fantastic show. Rachel Tucker will be missed for sure, she sounded so effortless (even apparently sick), and what an atmosphere ! Loved every minute of it ! I thought the speech was very moving too and very sincere, you could tell it came from the heart.

Can you post link please? THANK YOU

#5952 acapella

acapella

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

I just listened those audios from yesterday, agree that there are big improvements especially in her TWAI. But also agree that her voice just doesn't sit right for 'my' Elphaba. She has a kind of pop / lounge singer vibe to her voice in lots of places. Which is not to say there's anything wrong with that - I hear similar in Kerry Ellis's voice and many of the other highly regarded Elphabas I've YouTubed - it's just not to my taste. Basically I just don't think I'll ever get over Rachel and especially that amazing last night! At least there's always YouTube...

Edit: TWAI link

#5953 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Wow that TWIA is so much better than Monday nights.

#5954 CrunchemHall

CrunchemHall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 01 November 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Can you post link please? THANK YOU

DG

NGD

More avalaible here

#5955 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Rachel's gone get over it people.

#5956 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postwls250, on 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

LOL, people have a right to miss Rachel !

#5957 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postwls250, on 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between moving on and 'getting over it' - people are allowed to see Louise but still view Rachel (or any past Elphaba) as their favourite. I know people who still say Kerry is "their" Elphaba!

#5958 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I miss Rachel (and other former cast members like Lillie) a hell of a lot, no matter how much I'm looking forward to eventually seeing the new cast. Nothing wrong with that! :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#5959 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Saw the show last night. Anyone else noticed that some of the lighting has changed? Have frequently seen the show in the months leading up to cast change, and last night the lights were definitely different. They seem to have updated some of the projections from Broadway, and Defying Gravity now has a green tint right at the very end. Also lights during DG are much bluer than they used to be.

Or is this just me!?

#5960 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

The girl sat next to me on Monday night said similar ... can't say i noticed any difference though

What i did notice is Gina's new wig, so much nicer being longer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users