7952 replies to this topic

#5981 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Ok just managed to watch the Video. She is SUCH a sweet Lady ! Bless her.

#5982 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm hoping to book tickets to see Louise next month. I've only ever sat in the circle so I hope to get seats for the stalls this time, but i'm really not sure where is best, I'd really appreciate some advice. I've looked on theatremonkey and the main issue seems to be the lack of offsetting. I'm not too bothered about seeing it for the spectacle, I would rather be closer to see people's faces.

Any advice welcome thanks :)

#5983 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postluce66, on 05 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm hoping to book tickets to see Louise next month. I've only ever sat in the circle so I hope to get seats for the stalls this time, but i'm really not sure where is best, I'd really appreciate some advice. I've looked on theatremonkey and the main issue seems to be the lack of offsetting. I'm not too bothered about seeing it for the spectacle, I would rather be closer to see people's faces.

I always go for Ticketmaster. You can usually get the end seats of the stalls for £25- £35 in the first several rows although they do warn that it's a restricted view. I find that actually the way the theatre is laid out you miss very little at all.

#5984 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well I often get the 17.50 seats at the end if rows near front. You do miss some if the stage, but I like being close to the stage. For that price I can go twice as much without breaking the bank!

#5985 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Postluce66, on 05 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Definitely go for the 'restricted' ones- possibly the £30 ones, as they're not very restricted at all (like someone else said you just miss the odd bit of set), and you get a great view of faces :)

#5986 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Thanks so much for the quick responses everyone! So would you say even the far ends of rows B & C 11 & 12 would still be ok?? Or are they too far to the side?

Just had a look for this Friday and was thinking maybe I'll go sooner instead!

#5987 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

I've never sat Row C but the end of Row D is fine & I don't think you miss much more in C. I've sat Row B on the opposite side & a lot is blocked by the staircase but generally you don't miss too much on the side you're referring to but obviously the further back you sit the less restricted your view is.

Hope that helps

#5988 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Thanks Joysie that's so helpful. I think I'll definitely go for one of the side ones, probably row c. There's F as well but I think as long as it's not the side where the staircase is I think c should be ok. For £30 they seem really good value to me.

#5989 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Well just been to the show tonight. Thanks for recommendations for the seats. Row C at the side had a great view :)  Fantastic to see the show so close.

I've seen wicked twice before and listened to the soundtrack, watched numerous YouTube clips but tonight I fell in love with it more than ever before!!

Louise and Gina were simply stunning! Perhaps it was aided by being close up and seeing their expressions so clearly and the little looks I'd missed further back. I think Louise hasn't been very well so don't think she could really go for it at some points but she was solid as a rock and I loved her interpretation, her acting was perfect for the role in my opinion. Considering its only her second week in the role, its incredible. I can't wait to see her in a couple of months when she's really settled in. I just love the tone and power of her voice so much.

Gina, well she is now my favourite Glinda! She was just ansolutely perfect. I'd heard people say how good she was but I was never sure. I think she gave possibly one of the best performances I've ever seen from a leading lady! Funny, poignant and often moved me. Beautifully sung, such a gorgeous voice.

Ben as Fiyero was ok, as mentioned before he slips to an American accent sometimes which is a bit odd.

Louise and Gina worked so well together I can't wait to go back and see them again. Sorry for the long-winded gushing but it was simply marvellous!

#5990 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

That's great. Were you left or right in row c? Early numbers or 30 something? Just curious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users