7952 replies to this topic

#6021 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hayley Gallivan is on as Elphaba for the matinee this afternoon.

#6022 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'm honestly baffled by how many shows Louise is missing.

#6023 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I've got a ticket booked for January 28th, and I'm actually really hoping Hayley will be on then! I've heard so many good things about her Elphaba. It's strange that Louise has been missing so many shows though.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6024 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

getting deja vu here! I think Louise has just had some throat problems, which as we know with Elphaba is a bit of an issue. Just unlucky I'd guess.

#6025 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hayley tweeted that she was only on for the matinee so I'm guessing Louise is on tonight?

#6026 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I know this isn't about the London production but Willemijn Verkaik is apparently going to play Elphaba on Broadway for 15 weeks after (I presume) Jackie Burns leaves in February.

I'd love to see Willemijn.

Updated with article - http://www.broadway....ds-new-elphaba/

#6027 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Willemijn is a flawless Elphaba, I've seen her five times now :D

Yeah, she starts performances on Broadway a month after she finishes playing Elphaba in the Netherlands, and will be the first to play the role in three languages. I can only hope she comes to the West End eventually too. I'm such a proud fan right now!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6028 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostTettekete, on 17 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Willemijn is a flawless Elphaba, I've seen her five times now :D

Yeah, she starts performances on Broadway a month after she finishes playing Elphaba in the Netherlands, and will be the first to play the role in three languages. I can only hope she comes to the West End eventually too. I'm such a proud fan right now!

I really hope she does at some point. Maybe she will join the tour?

#6029 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hayley is on as Elphaba again this afternoon.

#6030 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Will be very interesting to read the reviews from media night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users