#6031 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostMallow, on 12 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

I'm honestly baffled by how many shows Louise is missing.

Half of London seems to be spluttering, sneezing, and coughing, and trying to share its germs at the moment. It wouldn't be surprising if a lot of singers were off - lets hope its that and she gets better.

#6032 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Jason Winter went on for Fiyero for the first time today. Did anyone see him?

#6033 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'd love to see Jason sometime. Next week they have 8 shows in a row, 4 double days is a lot !

Has anyone seen any of the media night reviews online ?

#6034 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

All is quiet on here about Wicked lately. Yet there seems few tickets available lately. I was wondering how Louise is doing? Has she done all the shows?
I am desperate to go again.

#6035 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

I believe Hayley was on for Louise today for the matinee (don't know about the evening) and a friend of mine said she had both standbys for one of the midweek matinees (not sure which!)

#6036 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I saw Hayley on Thursday matinee. She was wonderful, genuinely one of my favourite Elphabas. She was endearing and sincere and really grew with the character. Lovely voice too, and worked well with Gina. Probably the cutest pair I've seen!

I didn't think much of Ben though. I liked Sam as Boq, and Katie as Nessa of course (although I don't really understand why she came back. And Hayley's younger sister? No. I think nessa's a great little part for newcomers, I prefer to see relative unknowns in that part) Keith as the Wizard was very good although his accent is a bit all over the place. We had Tania Mathurin as Morrible, there's something I like about her as a performer but I didn't think she suited this part, I didn't think she did "sinister" very well.

#6037 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Gguess there's no real clue as to who us on Wednesday matinee.

#6038 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hayley is on as Elphaba again this afternoon..

#6039 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sure she's been off a few times (Louise) but heather Hadley has been off loads and she does 6 shows a week. It's a tough sing especially with all the bugs flying about.

#6040 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Full cast on Friday night and was very impressed on the whole.

Louise has improved so much in such a short space of time. She was near-note perfect. Gina has just got better and better as well, she was my stand-out performer in all honesty and I just found her so captivating to watch. Again, an incredible, spine-tingling vocal. Ben as Fiyero acted and sung well but he needs to sort his accent out. At the moment he's stuck in the middle of the Atlantic somewhere!

Didn't enjoy Keith as the Wizard as much as I did the first time I saw him but nothing 'wrong' with his portrayal. Loved Katie and Sam as Nessa and Boq, they match up to their predecessors; Katie has a very impressive voice and would like to catch her as Elphaba. Louise as Morrible - I thought her acting wasn't as good as Julie before her and she wasn't consistent enough in her delivery but I liked the fact she sung the role. She had good chemistry with Keith, though. Christopher Howell as good as ever as Dillamond and also would like to see him as the Wizard.

Ensemble were fantastic. Lively, vibrant and purposeful. And I'd forgotten just how choking certain parts of the show were!
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users