7950 replies to this topic

#6041 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for that. Im looking forward even more now to my visit Thursday.

#6042 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I saw this a few days before Christmas and agree that Louise had improved so much in just a few weeks sine I first saw her, really loved her performance. I have to agree about Gina too, she completely blew me away again. You can't take your eyes off her and vocally she just fills that theatre tremendously. She's so hilarious but also touching, and her freshness after being in the role over a year now is fantastic.

I'd seen Wicked twice before my last two recent visits, and I can't remember wanting to see a show as soon again as I do now!

#6043 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Please could I have any opinions on the limited view seats in the stalls - Row P seat 44, 45 etc. ?

Anybody sat here before? Taking some first timers but we're trying to do it on the cheap. How much will they miss?

#6044 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sat in N 42 which was ok. Bit to the side, you miss some entrances and may miss what is written on the blackboard but none of the main bits.

#6045 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

From what I can remember, you're more likely to miss stuff at the staircase side, the higher numbers.    Depends how far back you go though, I've sat in A31 or thereabouts (can't remember the exact number, the aisle seat closest to the centre block stage right) and missed a couple of minor things due to actors standing on the lower bit of the stage just in front of me, and that's about 6 from the end of the row.

#6046 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hmm ok, might go for the cheap seats in the dress circle. I hadn't really thought about actors standing in the way - bit silly of me really!

#6047 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Ok - another question. Cheapest seats I can get for the day we want in the dress circle are row S 17 - 20. It says limited view because of the stair well that comes up below it. Is it that bad? It's not right in front of the stair well it's a row back.

Or alternatively, See Tickets are doing half price tickets for top price tickets. I can get stalls row ZF seats 41-43 for £25 - any experience of these?

I saw on Theatre Monkey that it is the Time Dragon you can't see. Anything else?

#6048 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

You really don't miss much with actors standing near the front, I'd take restricted view front stalls over row ZF any time.  I sat in I think it was ZB the first time i saw the show, and don't think I missed much apart from the Time Dragon, but I did have to use binoculars, those seats are so far back, and it ruins the experience a bit for me.

I personally wouldn't sit anywhere in the AV except the front blocks of the stalls, but I haven't ever been in the circle so can't comment on those.

Is there no chance you could day seat the day you want to go?  I took two first-timers not so long ago and dayseated and they loved the front row.  Best seats in the house in my opinion, that or else between rows G and Q, though they're all full price.

Theatremonkey is pretty accurate about the seats for Wicked in my experience.

#6049 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'd love to day seat but we are all travelling to London from different parts of the country on the day so there I'm very doubtful we would get them unfortunately.

I've sat in the dress circle before and have always had a great time. I think I'm going to go with the limited view seats in the stalls. :)

Thank you for your help/responses!

#6050 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Marc McBride was on as Boq today... Was amazing show... Louise was incredible!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users