#6061 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I thought Adam Garcia was awful - my least fav
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#6062 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

What is going on with Louise? I can't believe how many shows Hayley has had. Delighted for her tho, just wish I could get there!

#6063 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

It's not the first time Hayley and Lucy have been on together...but I can imagine it to be pretty amazing! :D Hayley is sooo good as Elphie- was a pleasure to see her at the beginning of December! :) Blew my socks off! She's been lucky with all these Friday and Saturday performances that Louise is lending her!

I see that Gemma is on as Nessa today too! Shame I'm not there! :(

#6064 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

It could be anything from Illness, previous commitments, holiday
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#6065 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Louise seems to be having alot of bad luck with illness atm

Ahh jealous of those there today - i'd love to see a Standby show :)

#6066 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Louise was brilliant and has amazing voice... saw her twice this week... she stunned

#6067 BGLowe

BGLowe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I was at the matinee yesterday with Hayley and Lucy! I have to admit, when I was on the train down and I read that Louise wouldn't be on - I was a bit gutted. I know you really shouldn't see something for a person, and I do love Wicked as this was my forth time of seeing it, I was just really looking forward to seeing her because I've seen her a few times and I adore her voice. Particularly as I had already prepared myself for missing Gina, I thought it was very unlikely she would be off! I understand that illness is something that can't be helped, it is just a little heartbreaking as I don't get to go down often and I will most probably now miss her.

That being said, I thought that Hayley and Lucy worked so well together, they really do have great chemistry and a great bond. I personally felt that it was Lucy that stood out; her vocals were perfect, her character wasn't overly irritating (as I found with Helen Dallimore) and for me she really was how I imagined Glinda would be. I haven't seen Gina, so I cannot compare, but I did see Louise and I do think she's up to Louise's standard. I guess the fact she is only standby really impresses more that she could be so perfect when she doesn't do it often!

I'm a little undecided about Hayley. She was flawless with her vocals but there wasn't anything new there for me. No little 'hayleyisserms' that I thought "oh I haven't seen that before." At times her vocals reminded me a bit of Alexia (which is great as I really liked her). Characterization was brilliant tho, she does act it very well. Maybe I am expecting too much of a standby (or I'm still a bit gutted about Louise being off) - she was very good and not a disappointment at all, just nothing very new.

I really didn't like Ben; vocals were shakey, dancing was not really there and that accent?! I don't even know what it was meant to be. Not impressed unfortunately.

Overall, I did love it and if I could get down again I would, just gutted I didn't catch Louise!
London:
A Chorus Line x1| Avenue Q x1| Bad Girls x1| Blood Brothers x1| Cabaret x2| Carousel x4| Chicago x2| From Here to Eternity x1 | Ghost x1| Legally Blonde x1| Les Miserables x3| Little Shop of Horrors x1| Lost Boy x1 | Love Never Dies x2| Marguerite x1| Matilda x1| Once x2| One Man, Two Guvnors x1| Peter Pan x1| Rock of Ages x2| Sister Act x1| Spamalot x1| Stephen Ward x1| Sweeney Todd x1| Sweet Charity x1| The Book Of Mormon x1| The King And I x1| The Lion King x1| The Light Princess x1| The Phantom of the Opera x1| The Sound of Music x1| The West End Men x1 The Wizard of Oz x1| Urinetown x1| We Will Rock You x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2| Wicked x5|

Booked for: Carousel

National Tours:
Aspects of Love x1| Avenue Q x2| Birdsong x1| Blood Brothers x4| Chess x1| Evita x1| Fame x1| Footloose x1| Grease x1| Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat x1| Legally Blonde x1| Oklahoma x1| Rocky Horror Show x1| Starlight Express x1| Tell Me on a Sunday x1| The History Boys x1| West Side Story x1| Whistle Down The Wind x2|

#6068 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Looks like today's a two show day for Hayley!Elphaba. I'm actually really hoping to see her next time I go.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6069 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

How do you know when the understudies are on?

#6070 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I saw Louise last week and she couldn't do the top notes - weather must be taking its toll!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users