#6091 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Congrats and all the good wishes in the world to Rachel and Guy! :)

@dannyboyjohnson Yep. There's been no announcements or hints about the next cast change yet, and it won't be for a while.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6092 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Middle of September will be the next cast change I believe, you should be fine :)
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#6093 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Mmmm... I thought cast change occured every 6 months? i was expecting a change in April lol!!

#6094 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Cast contracts have usually lasted around 10-11 months for the last few casts
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6095 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 03 February 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Mmmm... I thought cast change occured every 6 months? i was expecting a change in April lol!!

I don't think Wicked cast changes, or many cast changes in the West End in recent history for that matter, have ever been 6 months.  10-12 months seems to be standard.

#6096 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Are contacts never 12 or more months due to employment law meaning that after that period they have additional rights, or is that an urban legend?

#6097 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Congratulations to Rachel Tucker on birth of her son

#6098 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostFireFingers, on 04 February 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Are contacts never 12 or more months due to employment law meaning that after that period they have additional rights, or is that an urban legend?

A few shows have had restrictions of two years, because after two years employees gain the right to redundancy pay. I'm not really sure why they bother, because the cost of meeting employees' statutory rights is quite low and I'd have thought it was cheaper than the cost of training up new employees on a regular basis. Perhaps it's because the former expense is incurred when the production has run out of money while the latter is while it's doing well.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#6099 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

See new holiday dates have come out on the official site. Wonder if this means cast change is later than has been suggested. Would also rule out any speculation of certain people doing the tour.  Though I think this was always the case. My own view is there will be 2 new leads but that is a long way off.

#6100 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'd really love there to be 2 new leads
Great to see Hayley has more planned dates coming up
And yes going by the holiday dates looks like CC will be later than expected this year, i was expecting it to be in August

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users