7952 replies to this topic

#6101 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'd love Zoe Rainey to be Glinda on tour...heard a clip of her singling NOMTW and it was awesome, she definitely has potential to be an amazing Glinda
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6102 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Any clues on which understudy has an own high gloss extra page for the programme?

Last saturday, Chris Howell was on as Wizard and Tania Mathurin as Morrible, but only Chris got an own extra page; Tania just had that cheapish paper leaflet.
Until now, I thought that only the two standbys got these glossy pages. I also had Chris as Wizard earlier and I'm quite sure he also got that paper leaflet at that time.

Also had Lucy as Glinda for the second time and she (again) left me slightly underwhelmed. I think she's missing the comedic talent needed in the first act, and also her singing is not as strong as Louise's (which became quite apparent in For Good where she got drowned a bit by Louise). She's not bad, but I do prefer Gina.

Louise gets better every time I see her, though I still loved seeing Hayley. I think I'll have to book specifically when Louise has a holiday announced.
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6103 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm hoping to go again in March or May. I was there last monday and loved Louise and Gina together, but I'd like to catch a Hayley and Gina show. Almost all the cast were great, actually (not too fond of Ben as Fiyero though -- what was that accent?), but I'm kind of missing Lillie as Nessarose, she was by far my favourite...
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6104 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Any clues on which understudy has an own high gloss extra page for the programme?

Last saturday, Chris Howell was on as Wizard and Tania Mathurin as Morrible, but only Chris got an own extra page; Tania just had that cheapish paper leaflet.
Until now, I thought that only the two standbys got these glossy pages. I also had Chris as Wizard earlier and I'm quite sure he also got that paper leaflet at that time.

Also had Lucy as Glinda for the second time and she (again) left me slightly underwhelmed. I think she's missing the comedic talent needed in the first act, and also her singing is not as strong as Louise's (which became quite apparent in For Good where she got drowned a bit by Louise). She's not bad, but I do prefer Gina.

Louise gets better every time I see her, though I still loved seeing Hayley. I think I'll have to book specifically when Louise has a holiday announced.

Louise has plenty of holiday dates on the WICKED website

#6105 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

i hear a certain ex we will rock you cast lead has been in for this recently.. hoping it could mean she's finally going green!

#6106 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

if true surely that person would be for the tour as london cast change is ages away?

#6107 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostTitan, on 07 February 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

if true surely that person would be for the tour as london cast change is ages away?

Would be BRILLAINT if she was on the tour, taught she was great in WWRY, really anxious to hear the casting for this. Hope Elphaba and Glinda are not some celebs to draw in the crowd, all the other roles (Boq, Nessarose, Madame Morrible, Dr Dillamond, Fiyero)  can be played by famous names.

#6108 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

i would be shocked if the leads were names (except i guess glinda possibly be someone like the girl who was a young christine understudy in phantom the did emmerdale, did my fair lady tour, noises off and recently in downton....completely forgot her name)

names would be fiyero, morrible or wizard. or all 3.

#6109 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Looks like Michelle Pentecost is on for Elphaba tonight!

(As for the tour casting, I don't agree that Nessarose should be played by a name -- she might be an underrated, underused character but not just anyone could play her)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6110 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

ah yes, probably tour, that makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users