coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostMS1995, on 12 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I am going to New York to see her at easter, BEYOND excited! :P

So jealous! Hopefully I'll be heading to NYC later in the year but that'll be after she's left...she's so amazing!

#6142 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postcoddy92, on 12 February 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

It is exciting! Looking forward to hearing some clips of her in the near future! :D Related to this, how do you actually pronounce Willemijn?

Also, I notice on the site again that ATG are going to be a main ticket provider from November 4th...interesting stuff! ;) I wonder why they left it so late seeing as the AV is an ATG theatre anyway?

I imagine Wicked had a deal with TicketMaster when the theatre was owned by Live Nation but now ATG are taking over.

#6143 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostJon, on 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I imagine Wicked had a deal with TicketMaster when the theatre was owned by Live Nation but now ATG are taking over.

Oh, of course! I forgot that the theatre was owned by Live Nation before!

#6144 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostMS1995, on 12 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I am going to New York to see her at easter, BEYOND excited! :P

Ooooh nice. She is so so amazing live! :D I'd love to go, but at least I have the memory of seeing her several times in the Dutch production. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6145 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Will Willemijn be doing 8 shows a week in New York? I'll be there over Easter, but seeing Wicked on a Wednesday Matinee.

Also, the ticketmaster thing may have been a world wide deal that they signed for 10 years with ticketmaster when Wicked opened on Broadway, which would expire about now. Or LiveNation owning the theatre. One or the other. :)

#6146 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have been told that she is contracted to do 8 shows a week!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6147 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostMS1995, on 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

I have been told that she is contracted to do 8 shows a week!

Glad to hear it. I mean, this is my first visit to Broadway so I am not overly fussed about casting, but given her reputation I  would like to catch her.

#6148 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

In Germany and Holland she had an alternate who was contracted to do one of the eight shows per week which probably made it a bit easier, but since she's only doing 15 weeks on Broadway she'll probably be doing all of her contracted shows including matinees. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6149 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Have they released all the seats for the 2014 dates? I thought I'd have a quick look on Ticketmaster and it looks like its selling really well. Surely they haven't sold so many seats for that far ahead already?

#6150 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

nearly all of that will be allocated out to agents. even more so atg are the main ticket agents from november anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users