#6161 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

View Postposter J, on 17 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

I doubt it.  Les Mis should win Best West End show, especially given the popularity of the movie, or else it'll be Matilda.

Best takeover's harder to call, but I'm not a fan of Gina's Glinda so didn't vote for her.

Yeah exactly what i think, think Wicked has seen it's best days now.

Who won Best West End show last year ?

#6162 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

View Postisabel, on 17 February 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Who won Best West End show last year ?

War Horse.  Whichever show wins is ineligible the next year.

#6163 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I voted for Gina (my favourite Glinda by far) so I really hope she wins for best takeover. She deserves it. I have my fingers crossed!
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6164 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Think Gina has great timing now as Glinda. Really lover her in that role. I also believe those who thought Rachel was the best ever Elphie are struggling to enjoy the show without her. The theatre has been very full most nights this past week.

#6165 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Shame we won't be able to watch Louise and Gina perform on the live stream :(

#6166 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Which bits are they streaming??

#6167 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostCatqc, on 17 February 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Which bits are they streaming??

Only the actual awards and the acceptance speeches

#6168 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

The reason it`s full is because it was half term last week and is this week as well.

I was there last night. All cast info is now on the new tv screen at the box office. It was a full house and a quite a reactive audience which both Hayley and Gina responded to. Since cast change Gina has just gone up another gear. I never thought Rachel/Gina really worked well together. Rachel was always the dominant performer but  now she has come out of her shadow i think she is so much better acting and comedy wise. She has finally got the right amount of comedy in the Popular scene.

Star of the show was definitely Hayley. I saw her very first show but she just was fantastic last night and just gets better with every show. Her Wizard and I and NGD would have given Rachel a run for her money especially the endings.On DG she just went for it. Not seen an audience reaction like that since Rachel was there. Everyone was talking about her on leaving the show. Hayley has a powerful voice and her portrayal was well thought out.

What was missing first time out was the little extras and gestures.The emotion, anger and frustration and passion of Elphie wasnt as evident or forceful in her facial expressions or acting. But it was all there yesterday. She was extremely impressive. She looked far more relaxed on stage and definitely looked like she was enjoying it. Just one criticism was maybe some of the comedy lines could have been delivered a bit sharper as they didnt get the reaction as they should. Hayley does play it very similar to Rachel but she definitely makes it her own along with the quite strong welsh accent coming through quite frequently. I certainly want to go see her again.

Judging by the noise in the front think she`s starting to get a bit of a fanbase now.

#6169 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Just seen a pic of Gina in her dress - wow stunning :) Hope she wins, fingers crossed,.

#6170 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well no award for Wicked, i did think Gina would have won ... oh well.
Blooming Les Mis, lol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users