#6181 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Well this is exciting!

Wicked the movie is coming 'sooner rather than later'.

http://www.digitalsp...than-later.html

#6182 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think a movie was always on the cards but Universal aren't in a rush to greenlight it.

#6183 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostJon, on 21 February 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I think a movie was always on the cards but Universal aren't in a rush to greenlight it.

Definitely but it's good to know it's still is actually on the cards rather than it be forgotten about.

#6184 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

They've seen the money Les Mis has made and want a piece of the action. No shocker. Lea Michelle for Elphaba no doubt as well...

#6185 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 21 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

They've seen the money Les Mis has made and want a piece of the action. No shocker. Lea Michelle for Elphaba no doubt as well...

Universal were involved with Les Mis, Wicked has the potential to be huge if done well. It'll be interesting how Disney's new film Oz the Great and Powerful does as it may influence the decision to greenlit Wicked within the next few years.

#6186 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yeah although the article is still rather sketchy and actually doesnt say more than was said last year when Stephen Daldry was linked to it.  If the Oz film does well and with the Les Mis success it could be fast tracked.  Although Wicked is no where near the brand name Les Mis is, especially outside of the US.

Id say Sam Barks has a good shot at the role of Elphaba

#6187 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 21 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Probably her or Samantha Barks (I'd obviously prefer the latter!), but I'm sure there'll be others wanting to audition as well.  I have my doubts as to whether Lea Michele could sing or act it well enough - she's got a lovely voice, but I didn't like her Defying Gravity when she did it on Glee.

#6188 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

lea michele cant act, she basically plays an exageratted form of herself on glee. plus her difficult and diva reputation wont indear her to people to work with her. she can belt a song out but has no emotion or depth behind her performance.

#6189 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'd rather that Wicked the movie wasn't full of Glee people, to be honest... :/ Any chance they'd cast unknowns as Elphaba and Glinda and go with bigger names for Fiyero/Morrible/The Wizard? I could see Meryl Streep as Morrible. :P
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6190 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'd love to see Darren Criss from Glee as Fiyero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users