#6191 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostPriscilla, on 21 February 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

I'd love to see Darren Criss from Glee as Fiyero.

Oh please no, Fiyero needs to be a bit more charismatic than Darren comes across as on Glee!

#6192 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

i think justin timberlake could make/have made a potentially good fiyero

#6193 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

i doubt sam barks will get elphaba! she got eponine because of cameron macintosh loving her and having played it a few years she was able to portray her beautifully. i think elphaba is a strong sing and is suited to many americans/broadway/ hollywood/glee/smash style actors, id be surprised if barks got it.

#6194 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ugh no. That guy from Glee is so annoying.

#6195 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm going to be incredibly biased and say I'd want Willemijn Verkaik for film Elphaba. I mean, aside from acting and singing the part perfectly she looks like book!Elphaba just jumped out of the pages onto the stage.
Seen (theatre): Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 19), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6196 Dubbie

Dubbie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Do you think there will be two Elphabas? One for when she's young at school and another when she's older and the Wicked Witch of the West. Most of the actresses who played it in the musical would be too old to play a tennager on film. It's easier to get away with it on stage.

#6197 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 22 February 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

i doubt sam barks will get elphaba! she got eponine because of cameron macintosh loving her and having played it a few years she was able to portray her beautifully. i think elphaba is a strong sing and is suited to many americans/broadway/ hollywood/glee/smash style actors, id be surprised if barks got it.

She got Eponine because she auditioned for it like everyone else and the casting team chose her.  Tom Hooper saw her in the 25th anniversary production and put her name in the frame, it wasn't anything to do with favouritism from Cameron Mackintosh beyond him picking her to do that concert, which wasn't much of a stretch given she was in the West End cast at the time.  And I think she's a much better all-rounder than Lea Michele...

Plus I wouldn't necessarily put the words 'Glee' and 'strong sing' in the same sentence.  If I had to pick someone from Glee to be Elphaba, it'd be Naya Rivera, not Lea Michele.

#6198 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

wicked fans need to remember this is a movie. a look at the successful musical movies of late show that they are cinematic in their own right and not carbon copies of stage shows with the stage actors. Rent  and The Producers are two examples of how not to do it.

a large part of the success of les mis is the acting, together with a strong story that is fleshed out by adding bits from the book. Wicked doesnt have as strong a story so that will need fleshing out (maybe they can return to the book for inspiration). Also i  doubt every song will be belted out as that just doesnt work on film for modern audiences. Wicked is not a big enough name worldwide to see on its own so they will need to appeal to.movie goers to.

as for glee, they are all autotuned and arnt great actors, many just playing an exageratted form of themselves. and if glee finishes in the next couple of years (likely) many will soon be forgotten.

Sam stands every chance, but a lot will hang on how her career goes from here.

#6199 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View Postposter J, on 22 February 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Plus I wouldn't necessarily put the words 'Glee' and 'strong sing' in the same sentence.  If I had to pick someone from Glee to be Elphaba, it'd be Naya Rivera, not Lea Michele.

I absolutely adore Naya but there is no way in hell she could pull off Elphaba, singing or acting. The only person from Glee who could realistically sing it is Lea. She would have been the obvious choice a few years ago when Glee was in its hay day but now now since the shows ratings have nosedived.

Samantha Barks would be my choice for the movie IF she had performed the role on stage.

#6200 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

I imagine some songs will be cut, shortened or turned into dialogue like most of the Wizards songs and Something Bad plus they'll likely be a new song as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users