#6261 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Either way I feel awful for both of them and especially Gina. Thankfully she has a lot of support from her fans, me included. She's still a lovely, sweet woman. Nobody should have to suffer this embarrassment in a tabloid, and whoever tweeted that photo to Gina needs a good slap in my opinion.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6262 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostTettekete, on 03 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

whoever tweeted that photo to Gina needs a good slap in my opinion.

Yes agree , horrible thing to do !!!

#6263 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

"Our source continued: '...The cast aren’t happy though, it isn’t nice working in that sort of environment. It is very tense.' "

Only someone in the cast or who works at the theatre would know how the rest of the cast would feel about this.
Its actually vile that someone would do this.

Much love to Gina :)
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6264 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hmm, don't usually engage in celebrity gossip but can't resist commenting:

I haven't seen either of them on stage or met them (and don't know Ben as a celebrity), so I couldn't possibly comment on their personality, whether they're nice at stage door or whatever.
I also agree that this very much looks like a set up.
However, IF it is true and IF they're not broken up with their partners, 'poor Gina' or 'poor Ben' isn't exactly what springs to mind..
Having said that, no, it shouldn't affect their careers. What they do is up to them, Their personal life is their personal life (even if exposed, potentially) and shouldn't have an affect on their profession (i.e. once I do hopefully get to see this cast I won't like Gina's Beck any more or less because of this.. work is work).
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#6265 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

whilst its not nice to have your business dragged through the media, if they are having an affair then they should know it would come out eventually especially in such a confined environment. i cant say i have much sympathy

#6266 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostTitan, on 03 March 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

whilst its not nice to have your business dragged through the media, if they are having an affair then they should know it would come out eventually especially in such a confined environment. i cant say i have much sympathy

What I meant, except put much more concisely. Thank you.
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#6267 sunshine123

sunshine123

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

I don't know Ben's situation but Gina's partner Martin tweeted someone a few weeks ago saying there was no wedding anymore so I assume they're no longer together.

#6268 Dubbie

Dubbie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

</p>

45]
Feb 10Posted ImageMartin Neely@martinneely
@.. Unfortunately there is no wedding anymore.

Hide conversation

#6269 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Well nobody knows what gone on behind the scenes but I do feel bad for them that this has all come out in the press because nobody deserves that to happen, they can be pretty manipulative as we all know!

#6270 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

That tweet makes it sound as if this is the reason they split up !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users