7952 replies to this topic

#6331 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

On the flip side, some of them might have done the same as Ben/Gina, and know the stress it can cause just because 'of love'.

Devils advocate I know, but two coins to a side and what not!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#6332 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

At the end of the day they're both adults who have made the choice to be seen in public together. I know most people who star in west end shows probably like to think that people don't notice them from Adam when they're out and about living their lives off stage but the sad thing is there are people out there that care far far too much. Clearly in this case, cared enough to photograph them at the very least.

Who's to say it's an affair? Noone.
Ben could have left his wife, Gina and Martin could have split up long before. And even if it is an affair, they will have to live with the consequences.

I say this from experience, but it does happen.

#6333 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Are they both on tonight ??

#6334 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 04 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Are they both on tonight ??
  Don't think anyone seems to know

#6335 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Postisabel, on 04 March 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Don't think anyone seems to know

Anyway of finding out ..... :)

#6336 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I don't think so unless somebody posts on Twitter or somebody who posts on here is at the show this evening.

#6337 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 04 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I love the hypocrisy in this thread - it was absolutely not okay to discuss if Rachel was pregnant or not, but its absolutely fine to discuss a backstage affair?

No, it wasn't ok to speculate about Rachel's pregnancy, and I was very vocal about that at the time, so don't make such sweeping statements please - not all of us were ok with that.

View Postharveyjnr, on 04 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

the fact she can sing and the fact she's having an affair with a married man are the only two facts we know about her really.

The second one is NOT a fact - no-one knows if this is an affair or not.  They may have split up with their respective former partners before this all happened, if in reality there even is more to it than the photographed kiss, and if so, it may not have been happening for long.

There are NO facts here except that there is a picture of them kissing, and speculating on the basis of that, whether you support either of them or you don't, is entirely distasteful in my opinion.  

Like I've said before, the only people who know the facts are the people involved, and they're the only people who are qualified to make any sort of comment to anyone or about anyone else involved.  No-one else knows anything for sure, and so anything people are saying on here is pure, unfounded speculation.  It may well be wrong to be unblindingly supportive, but it's just as wrong to be idly gossiping, because that's all this is and ever will be.

Feel sorry for Ben's wife/Gina's ex-fiance etc by all means, but there's no point in attaching labels like 'affair' or 'family wrecker' etc to the situation because that's as much gossip as the papers.

#6338 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

People gossip tho. That's human nature!

#6339 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostMallow, on 04 March 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

People gossip tho. That's human nature!

Doesn't make it right!

#6340 Mallow

Mallow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

I didnt say it was right. I merely pointed out that everyone does it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users