cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 10 March 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

to "judge" her acting on.... :wacko:

her scara was spot on acting wise, it can't be easy making people laugh with that script and she pulled it off i think! i've not seen her eponine but heard it was good too
to be fair i'd never seen tucker act in anything and she blew me away. these are trained actors lest we forget!

You misunderstand me. I loved her Scara, my favourite in the role for sure. But it's a pretty two-dimensional show, I wish I had seen her in something with more depth. I have no doubt she could sing Elphaba, but I can't comment on the acting side because I haven't seen her in anything with depth.

#6412 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

I seriously doubt this is the last we see of tucker as elphaba!

Do you think?

I absolutely loved Rachel as Elphaba but I personally can't see her returning to the show. All good things have to come to an end after all and she had a very successful run, but I would certainly like to be proved wrong and see her return, even if it was on Broadway.

#6413 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

I really hope she comes back too!! I didn't get to see her much :( although I really enjoyed Hayley when I went a couple of weeks ago

#6414 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'd love to see Rachel as Elphaba again. She's my favourite along with Willemijn. :)
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6415 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

http://www.wickedthe...esandprices.asp

As stated on the website, from 1st July 2013, ticket prices for Wicked in London will be increased.  With the exception of the £15.00 seats which will remain, all other tickets will increase in price by £2.50.

Day seats will also increase by £2 to £29.50 as will Student Standby tickets and all other Standby concessions.

#6416 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Slowly making Student tickets less affordable!
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#6417 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostCaityGlinda, on 11 March 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Slowly making Student tickets less affordable!

At least they still do them, plenty of shows don't!

#6418 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Just seen they are already casting for the next cast change - i have no idea but isn't this really early ?

#6419 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postisabel, on 11 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Just seen they are already casting for the next cast change - i have no idea but isn't this really early ?

Not really. The big shows start looking at casting around 6 months before they are needed. A lot of people to see, and it doesn't hurt to get ahead of themselves, and they know the show will need them of course. Plus we the tour going out, seeing as may people as possible now might be beneficial.

#6420 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Where did you see that they were casting? Are you sure that wasn't tour related?
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users