7950 replies to this topic

#6471 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

All 4 nominations in the category are strong with a lot of fans...I can see it being quite close

#6472 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Show was fantastic tonight...Louise defied gravity like a pro...she has definitely grown into the role since October.
She even growled the 'look' in the 'look to the western sky' only a short growl but it was there.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6473 Jordosaur!

Jordosaur!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Short or not, I need to hear this growl! I hope Lou starts changing it up a bit, a few well placed riffs can really elevate the whole song.

#6474 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

It really did take me by surprise after seeing her play it safe twice and hearing audios.

Tonight was quite possibly the best Defying Gravity out if all the times I've seen it, it just seemed so much more dramatic than usual.

And Louise just puts a lot of energy into it, her swishing silhouette before melting was actually quite fierce as well (odd thing to mention, but it was just soooooo cool to look at).  'No Good Deed' got the biggest response of the night...and there were quite a few teary eyes people around me during after 'For Good'

Gina's obviously been working on her comic timing, she got a lot more laughs than usual, and her popular was so energetic.

Ben Freeman, no offence to him, but he seemed tired...he was the weakest of the entire cast, his accent was messy an be sounded like an old man at times...sooner he leaves the better.

Keith as the Wizard, I've said it before and I'll say it again, he sounds like Scooby Doo...who is this 'Elpherber ' he speaks of???

Had understudy Morrible, she was fantastic, although it annoys me that she only had 2 costumes instead of the usual 4.

Katie as Nessa, when she came back in October I thought sheshe didn't seem as vocally strong as she did during her first stint, but she definitely put it all in tonight.

Sam as Boq is cute, not as cute as Adam Pettigrew, but that's just a personal preference.
LONDON
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER

DUBLIN
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6475 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

There was also a little slip up from Louise last night, she started singing one of Glindas lines.

It came out as '...but you see my roommate is, unus...' then it was finished off by Gina.

It got a little giggle from the few others that realised.
LONDON

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER

DUBLIN
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6476 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Haha I always think it must be so difficult for her not to slip into Glinda's lines.

And I literally laughed out loud when you said abut Keith sounding like Scooby Doo - I said EXACTLY the same to my friends when we first saw him. He's even got that gravelly sound in his throat aswell. I don't mind him as the Wizard but I've been lucky enough to see Christopher Howell quite a few times and he is fantastic.

#6477 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Madame Morrible only had two changes... why?? Witch costumes did she wear and when did she wear them??

#6478 Jordosaur!

Jordosaur!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sounds like both Louise and Gina were on point last night! Hopefully a few recordings start floating about because I really would love to hear that Defying Gravity. Not surprised her No Good Deed got the biggest response, she was only a few days in and the audios for that were spectacular and she already became one of my favourites. As for slipping into Glinda's line, I find it quite cute!

I think I might move my trip to London up to the end of April and try and get day seats, I wasn't going to see Wicked again until the summer but I really want to see Lou already!

#6479 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 27 March 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Madame Morrible only had two changes... why?? Witch costumes did she wear and when did she wear them??

I'm assuming it just costs too much money to make every Morrible costume for each understudy.  They were the red one at the start, and then for the first wizard scene she changed into the costume usually worn for 'Thank Goodness' and kept it until the end.  She had the last wig change though, which I didn't see the point in if they didn't change the costume.

View PostJordosaur!, on 27 March 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Sounds like both Louise and Gina were on point last night! Hopefully a few recordings start floating about because I really would love to hear that Defying Gravity. Not surprised her No Good Deed got the biggest response, she was only a few days in and the audios for that were spectacular and she already became one of my favourites. As for slipping into Glinda's line, I find it quite cute!

I think I might move my trip to London up to the end of April and try and get day seats, I wasn't going to see Wicked again until the summer but I really want to see Lou already!

Her face when she realised her line slip was cute, she just looked so embarrassed.
I'm hoping someone did get an audio last night, I can't think if a word to some up how good it was.

Louise is definitely now my favourite Elphie.
LONDON

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER

DUBLIN
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6480 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postisabel, on 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Wicked yet again are in the list for the audience award. But i think Matilda will win it though - although surely Wicked has more fans ?

I think Matilda will win it easily.  Wicked is still popular, but its heyday was about 5 years ago now.    More fans doesn't mean more people who vote, and Matilda is the show of the moment - everyone I know who's seen it raves about it, even if they've only seen it in previews on Broadway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users