#6481 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

View Postposter J, on 27 March 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

I think Matilda will win it easily.  Wicked is still popular, but its heyday was about 5 years ago now. More fans doesn't mean more people who vote, and Matilda is the show of the moment - everyone I know who's seen it raves about it, even if they've only seen it in previews on Broadway!
Hmm yeah I agree with you , personally I think Wicked had a higher chance of winning last year. Don't think this new cast is anything special ....

#6482 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Its down to whose fans are more active and likely to bother to vote online

#6483 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Wicked and Les Mis seem to have the bigger online fanbases, and with Les Mis winning it last year I think Wicked still has a good chance of getting it this time. Who can tell though!
Seen (theatre): Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 19), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6484 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

So they have released dates for the auditions, what are 'open auditions' ? Can literally anyone turn up, I have visions similar to the XFactor ! LMAO

#6485 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

yeah, can anyone audition for elphaba and glinda too? or is it just for ensemble? i'd like to go and just spy! hhaa

#6486 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Well it say's 'dancers' so I assume it's just ensemble .. Think Elphaba and Glinda auditions will be private.

#6487 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

It basically means that anyone can audition, even if you dont have experience, as long as you have dance training or are a technically good dancer. It is just ensemble roles which would later lead to auditions for understudies/swings

#6488 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just read an interview on westendvoice.com with Sophie linder lee. It says she leaves on 16 November. Is this cast change? Also the ad for open auditons says contracts for west end start October. With rehearsals being a month this maybe right.

#6489 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

View Postmunchkinmania, on 28 March 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Just read an interview on westendvoice.com with Sophie linder lee. It says she leaves on 16 November. Is this cast change? Also the ad for open auditons says contracts for west end start October. With rehearsals being a month this maybe right.

That sounds right, the current cast would have been contracted from November 2012 for rehearsals to start performance in mid-December.

#6490 Emg

Emg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

View Postposter J, on 28 March 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

That sounds right, the current cast would have been contracted from November 2012 for rehearsals to start performance in mid-December.

Except that cast change was end October 2012...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users