#6491 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostEmg, on 29 March 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

Except that cast change was end October 2012...

Was it?  I thought it was later than that...my bad.

#6492 CathyFromLex

CathyFromLex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

If I remember correctly, Gina tweeted she was staying on through November 2, 2013 when she made her announcement.

#6493 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's weird how this casts contract is longer than usual, really CC should be early September. Pity we still have 8 months to wait !, feels as though this cast have been here forever :/

#6494 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

So 2nd November is cast change?

#6495 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Strange. I thought since last CC was October 27th and the previous one was December 11th, this one would be late September/early October.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6496 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

So which of the main cast are we expecting to lose come November?

#6497 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostTettekete, on 29 March 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Strange. I thought since last CC was October 27th and the previous one was December 11th, this one would be late September/early October.

Yeah that's what i think aswell, can't understand why this contract is longer .. weird

#6498 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I think Gina Beck, Ben freeman, Keith Bartlett, Sam Lupton and Katie Rowley Jones will be leaving...Gina will have been there for around 2 years, so it would seem like the right time to leave, although I wouldn't mind her doing a third year like Dianne.  Ben, Sam and Katie, I suspect will leave, because the last couple of Fiyeros, Boqs and Nessas have only been around for a single contract.  Keith I just hope goes, with Chris Howell taking over as the wizard.  I think there will be a chance of Louise leaving as well, though I really hope she stay on, she definatley has what it take to keep going into the second and possibly third year, although now after playing both roles, she may feel like her time with the show is over, and feel that it has com to its natural conclusion.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6499 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Whilst a long shot, a potential reason I can see for a November cast change could be something to do with the tour...the Manchester run ends 16th November so potentially they could be looking to swap around cast members.

Or even they may have just wanted to move cast change later than the 'expected' September time so that it didn't detract from the tour opening.  Cast Changes are a huge event for Wicked fans, so perhaps the producers want the start of the tour to be a huge event, so pushed London CC back to after the Manchester dates.

At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't really matter.  That's the length of the contract, the cast will change when it changes!

#6500 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just back at my hotel after seeing the show on Broadway! Willemijn was incredible!!! I would love to see her come over and play the role in London as, and this is something I never thought I would say; she is a better Elphie than Rachel Tucker in my opinion! Her voice is to die for and generally she was perfect with the acting! I want to see her again!!!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users