7950 replies to this topic

#6531 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Nope I don't believe there is a London soundtrack. I think it's just the original broadway cast and possibly an Asian production recording?

Why they didn't just do a live recording of a show in London I don't know!

#6532 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

No London Cast Recording. Hasn't been announced what is going on Rachel's album yet, Louise's 'Wicked' Version of her album 'Here Comes the Sun' Has a studio recording of her doing an acoustic rendition of defying gravity.If you speak german or are willing to put up with the language barrier then I highly recommend the German Cast Recording as Willemijn Verkaik wipes the floor with Idina Vocally imo! If you are still not happy then there are plenty of Audios on YouTube which can easily be converted to MP3 (What? Who said that?). Or put up with the Original Cast Recording! :P
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6533 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Unfortunately, there's no London Cast Recording -- I would love to have one (especially from the Cast with Rachel, Louise, Mark and Clive).

Louise has so far only recorded Defying Gravity on her second album (Wicked version), but thats more of a pop version which I don't like that much. Rachel has only announced her debut album, and I'm really hoping she'll record No Good Deed.

So far, only a couple of titles have been officially recorded (at least to my knowledge) by (former) London cast members:
  • Gemma Atkins - Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: The Wizard and I
  • Kerry Ellis - Anthems: Defying Gravity and I'm Not That Girl
  • Shona White - I'll bring you a song: As Long As You're Mine
  • Stephanie Fearon - My Parade: As Long As You're Mine (not sure if she ever was in the cast)
  • Louise Dearman - Here comes the sun (Wicked Edition): Defying Gravity

"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6534 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Oh yes, just found the Japanese Cast Recording, will have to listen to that!!! And there is always the 5th Anniversary Recording which is the OBCR with a second track including a For Good Cover, Kerry Ellis doing 'I'm not that girl', Stephanie J Block doing Making Good (The original song which was replaced with The Wizard And I), As Long as Youre Mine and No good deed from the german cast recording, Dancing Through Life and Popular from the Japanese Cast, Then an Idina Menzel (Urgh) Defying Gravity Dance Mix!
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6535 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

did jennifer tierney not do an official recording?

#6536 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 09 April 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

did jennifer tierney not do an official recording?

Not that I know of (if she had, then I'd have that CD ;-) ) - but I'd love to be proven wrong. Do you have any information regarding that recording? I tried to google it, but did not find any mentioning of a recording
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6537 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostMS1995, on 09 April 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

No London Cast Recording. Hasn't been announced what is going on Rachel's album yet, Louise's 'Wicked' Version of her album 'Here Comes the Sun' Has a studio recording of her doing an acoustic rendition of defying gravity.If you speak german or are willing to put up with the language barrier then I highly recommend the German Cast Recording as Willemijn Verkaik wipes the floor with Idina Vocally imo! If you are still not happy then there are plenty of Audios on YouTube which can easily be converted to MP3 (What? Who said that?). Or put up with the Original Cast Recording! :P

BIB - Most actresses that have played Elphaba since Idina have, let's be honest! It's not a popular opinion to hold though apparently,

#6538 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostHannahBanana, on 08 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hi, I absolutely love Wicked and as part of my dissertation I am discussing it, along with other musical productions. If any of you have a spare couple of minutes, I would be ever so grateful if you could fill in my dissertation questionnaire!
Thank you so much in advance. This is the link: http://tolu.na/XkxIj5

View PostMS1995, on 08 April 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Quick tip, on the categories with 'other' as an option I didn't put any under other, due to there being too large a range to put, so you may want to keep it to just those specific options!

Agreed about the categories.
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#6539 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostTR252, on 09 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

BIB - Most actresses that have played Elphaba since Idina have, let's be honest! It's not a popular opinion to hold though apparently,

Why isnt it a popular opinion? I agree; I'm not a huge fan of Idina which is why I was hoping they'd recorded a new one and I just couldn't find it! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions :)

#6540 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Just generally she is very popular and some people get very defensive if you dare say anything against Queen Menzel! :P
PLANNED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users