7950 replies to this topic

#6541 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

IMO she is without doubt not the best Elphaba, in fact she's a long way down my list...

#6542 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Agreed! In fact she is probably my least favourite I have heard, and I have heard a huge array of Elphabas on Audio through YouTube!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6543 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

In my opinion, Louise Dearman is the best Glinda and Elphaba!! Bring her on as Nessarose next!!

#6544 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Haha I think she said she was going for Boq :P

#6545 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Personally i think Marc McBride should be upgraded to regular Boq... he is brlliant in the role, having seen him twice

#6546 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostCatqc, on 09 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why isnt it a popular opinion? I agree; I'm not a huge fan of Idina which is why I was hoping they'd recorded a new one and I just couldn't find it! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions :)

As MS1995, some get very defensive - especially on youtube! I loved her in Rent but Elphaba, no.

#6547 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Sorry to say it but I really disagree about Louise! I never saw her Glinda, but I saw her first night as Elphie and was seriously unimpressed! I think it is just I didn't like the tone of her voice, and on her first night her voice was very strained and she missed a few of the money notes and from audios I don't like her much more, however Hayley I am desperate to see, she sounds incredible!
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6548 munchkinmania

munchkinmania

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Louise certainly struggled on her opening night vocally. But she is so much better now.  But still think DG is her weakest song and that she is one of the stronger Elphies in terms of acting.  

Hayley does have the voice for this role. Every show she does she just gets better. Someone said she done nearly forty shows. Think she is very strong all round in the role.

#6549 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, I think I am unlikely to go to someones first night again (although I say that now, I'm not sure how long it will last) as it has put me off Louise and it costs too much to go back and see someone again if you didn't like them first time, so I would prefer save my money and spend it on seeing someone new!
PLANNED

#6550 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

I saw Hayley a few weeks back and was really impressed by her! saw Louise a while back and thought she was good, much better live than the videos suggest (everybody says this!) but Hayley really suprised me - I'd expected her to be good, but she was brilliant!

Still, Nikki Davis-Jones is/was/will probably/possibly always be my fave :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users