7950 replies to this topic

#6551 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

I don't know what Nikki is like in real life personally but from an interview I saw on YouTube she seemed quite bohemian and I think that really showed in her Elphaba and I absolutely loved it. She had some great little quirks that made Elphaba different, she really was brilliant. Loved her voice aswell.

#6552 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Taking the discussion back to earlier, just finished the Japanese Cast Recording. 'I'm not that girl' and 'Defying Gravity' are excellent, 'No Good Deed' really isn't... but that is the only weak link, overall a very nice recording.

Also, does anyone know where I could locate a copy? Amazon and iTunes both only have Broadway and Germany! :(
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6553 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostMS1995, on 09 April 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Also, does anyone know where I could locate a copy? Amazon and iTunes both only have Broadway and Germany! :(

You could try amazon Japan :)
Google Chrome offers an instant translater, and it seems to me that this CD is the Original Japanese Cast Recording:
http://www.amazon.co...keywords=wicked

However, I'm not sure if amazon.co.jp delivers to Europe at all (and if so at what expenses), but I think it'd be worth a try. Usually, your existing amazon account works at all amazon dependencies (I used my German account in France, the UK and USA (and German of course))
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#6554 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

okay thanks :D it is quite pricey though! I will have to make a difficult decision methinks! :P
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6555 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Could an understudy be upgraded to main role in November? Ive seen Marc McBride as Boq and Oliver Watton as Fiyero, both twice, and they were both better than their regulars

#6556 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

anyone have link to german cast recording on itunes, cant find it

#6557 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostTR252, on 09 April 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

As MS1995, some get very defensive - especially on youtube! I loved her in Rent but Elphaba, no.

A lot of people seem to have the mentality that since Idina was the first, she's therefore the best. I'm not a fan myself, I much prefer Willemijn! (And I've even heard people on other forums saying they don't like Willemijn purely because they can't pronounce her name...?!)
Seen (theatre): Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 19), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6558 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

I think Idina's far better on the Rent soundtrack than the Wicked one, but I've seen her sing stuff from both live and I was very impressed by her For Good and Defying Gravity, so I don't think the Wicked OBC recording does her justice.

She's still far from my favourite Elphaba though - and it would take a very special performance to displace Rachel Tucker from that position.

#6559 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3358 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

Agreed, i think oliver is a great fiyero but somehow doubt he will be made lead, its rare that happens.

Alexia Khadime is my favourite elphaba followed by rachel. Kerry ellis least favourite and idina juat before her

#6560 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Just another question...a group of 7 of us plan on seeing the show tonight by buying student tickets from the box office...but can only get there for 1.30/2pm. Is it likely that there will be tickets left do you think? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users