7952 replies to this topic

#6561 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is the Japanese Cast Recording in Japanese? Or English?

#6562 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Japanese! I imagine the reason the Japanese and German productions got one and the English production didn't is because we already had the OBC in our language (although that doesn't explain why the Dutch production never got one, I guess they just assumed they all spoke German or English!)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6563 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Thanks :) I did want one in English that I liked! They could do a London cast one and claim that English English is different to American English....

#6564 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

The Dutch production didn't get one because Stage Entertainment couldn't get the rights as far as I know... that's what I heard anyway. Pretty sad seeing as the songs are beautiful in Dutch. The German cast recording's my favourite though, and I'd still like a London cast recording. :P
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6565 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Lucy Van Gasse is as Glinda today. Hayley Gallivan is on for the matinee and Louise is on for the evening. :)

#6566 tsxmitw

tsxmitw

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

The time for a London recording has long gone - if they were going to do it, they would have done it in 2006 when the show opened.

#6567 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, the only possiibilties now would be a tour or 10th anniversary one! Both of which are still pretty unlikely, but we can hope I guess!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6568 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ahh yet more rumours on twitter about the Elphaba on tour ...  Also seen that the theatre was evacuated during the matinee

#6569 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Really?! Theatre was evacuated?!

#6570 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yeah someone tweeted this to wicked_uk "What happened, why did we get evacuated, is everything ok ?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users