7952 replies to this topic

#6571 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Any response from wicked?? Did they finish the show or what happened?

#6572 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

wait, i don't get it now. has wicked uK TOUR started already then? what theatre?

#6573 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 10 April 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

wait, i don't get it now. has wicked uK TOUR started already then? what theatre?

Apollo Victoria of course, tour doesn't start for months yet - hasn't even been a cast announcement

View Postisabel, on 10 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Ahh yet more rumours on twitter about the Elphaba on tour

Who's the rumour now? I don't really use twitter.

#6574 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Carmen Cusack, apparently.

EDIT: and someone on twitter said the AV was having a scheduled practice evacuation
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6575 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yeah 'apparently' although bet it's rubbish, coz Sabrina Aloueche is planning to audition

#6576 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

wouldn't they need to trasnfer an english actress if they bring an american one over?

#6577 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

wouldn't they need to trasnfer an english actress if they bring an american one over?
  No. She is an ex elphaba .........

#6578 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I think they would, but it just has to be a deal by equity, so it could be anyone anywhere from UK equity doing a US production I believe!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6579 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Equity is much more relaxed these days so a switch isnt essential, plus brits have gone to broadway (bertie in matilda now).

Sabrina could be auditioning for london

#6580 coddy92

coddy92

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Saw Wicked last night after managing to get amazing student seats! Louise, despite being ill over the past few days, seems to have recovered well and performed fantastically. It's the first time I've seen her, as last time I saw Hayley and Gina. I couldn't pick a favourite out of Louise and Hayley- they are both soooo unique in their own ways.

Lucy was on and it was the first time I've seen her too. She was actually very impressive! Her comic timing was spot on, getting great responses from the audience, and she added some little 'extras' which added to the comedy, such as in 'Popular'. Her voice was also to die for!

The rest of the cast, as usual, were breathtaking! Jacqueline was on as Morrible...so I'm really not sure what's up with Louise P as I haven't heard about her performing for quite a while now. Sam and Katie, in particular, gave wonderful performances!

Can't wait to see it again for my 10th time now...although I don't think that will be for a while seeing as I've seen both mains and standbys after just 2 shows- pretty lucky! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users