#6591 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 11 April 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

is elphaba being announced today? (i.e. friday), and is this for tour or town? i hope so, this waiting is so annoying!

Somebody had heard a rumour from a reliable source of theirs that Carmen Cusack had been cast as Elphaba, and that the announcement would be made today.  I guess we'll find out at some point over the next few hours if it's true or not!

#6592 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

well i wanted a new elphaba and tbh she is new (to me) so i'm sure this is good news!

#6593 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

West end or tour?

#6594 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostCatqc, on 12 April 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

West end or tour?
  Tour. Although I will be very surprised if this is true, since the same person on twitter said something else about terrible stunt casting that has been done, so hopes it is Carmen Cusack. Personally hope it's not, because I want Sabrina Aloueche as Elphaba, and she said she was planning on auditioning.

#6595 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Sabrina may well be auditioning for London though, are we even sure open auditions currently going on are for the tour?

#6596 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Aren't the open auditions for tour AND West End, and only for the ensemble and smaller parts?

I hope they've not stunt casted Elphaba or Glinda anyway, those are parts that need ridiculous talent. And personally I'd like Sabrina Elphie for either. I hope we find out soon.
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6597 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

The show it big enough and popular enough that it wont need stunt casting

#6598 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3374 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I would disagree with that. Wicked is no where near as widely known in the UK as its fans think.  The West End production has been name casting since it opened more or less

Where id be surprised if the two female leads are stunt cast, Fiyero, Morrible or the Wizard wouldnt surprise me at all.

Also stunt casting is only stunt casting if they actually arnt up to the task

The open auditions have been for ensemble

#6599 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I really regret not going to see Nikki Davis Jones more than the one time that I saw her. Listened to her on youtube and she really was a fantastic Elphaba. Loved her quirkyness that she brought to the role. I'm just glad I DID see her. Was initially disappointed as I took my mum who wanted to see Rachel as she had been a huge fan of her on that Nancy show but we were blown away by Nikki!

#6600 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't know about the whole time! I think Matt Willis is the only person who I would say was stunt cast. I think they might have attempted it with Ben, but I don't know he is a massive draw in terms of people wanting to go and see him! So I think that Ben was just a terrible decision all round!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users