7952 replies to this topic

#6601 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Was Rachel stunt casted in a way? She had a lot of exposure with the Nancy show.

Edit: Actually - I think that exposure was just more of a bonus on top of her talent.

#6602 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Adam Garcia, Lee Mead, Matt Willis (who I happen to think is one of the best), Ben are all names in the public eye, people that can go on the chat show ciruit etc.

Rachels exposure wouldnt have hurt her chances, but I suspect talent won out on that one.

#6603 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostTitan, on 12 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Adam Garcia, Lee Mead, Matt Willis (who I happen to think is one of the best), Ben are all names in the public eye, people that can go on the chat show ciruit etc.

Rachels exposure wouldnt have hurt her chances, but I suspect talent won out on that one.

Agree with both these points.

Matt was great. He made Fiyero a real character to me, I actually believed he was a bit of a rebel.

#6604 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Of the three Fiyeros I've seen, Matt was by far the best. I agree, his portrayal was very 'real', loved his rocky voice and he definitely looked the part. Mark Evans had a great voice but lacked charisma and well Ben is just sadly not very good.

On the subject of stunt casting the tour, I agree with most posters here. Elphaba and Glinda need proven talent. Any stunt casting will surely be within the supports.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#6605 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well in can't imagine any announcements being made this early,

#6606 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Usually these days social network sites make hints about forthcoming announcements like cast news etc so im not sure anything will be said today

#6607 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Id say the flollowing were all stunt casting to some extent...

Idina Menzel.........Elphaba
Miriam Margolyes.....Madame Morrible
Kerry Ellis..........Elphaba (2nd Time)
Alexia Khadime.......Elphaba (2nd Time)
Lewis Bradley........Fiyero
Rachel Tucker........Elphaba
Lee Mead.............Fiyero
Gina Beck............Glinda
Matt Willis..........Fiyero
Keith Bartlett.......The Wizard
Louise Dearman.......Elphaba
Ben Freeman..........Fiyero
Katie Rowley Jones.....Nessarose

#6608 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I really cant see how Kerry Ellis, Alexia Khadime, Gina Beck, Louise Dearman or Katie are stunt cast, No one knows them.

#6609 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Alexia's first stint as Elphaba was technically just covering for Kerry while she was on Broadway before resuming the role of Elphaba after Kerrys final 3 months back in London...Louise coming back as Elphaba, was because she was asked by producers to audition, it would really only be stunt-casting if they played up on the fact that she is the first to play both witches, which hasn't really been used as a marketing technique, that has only really been 'big news' for those who were already big fans of the show. She's not highly known to those without theatre knowledge.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6610 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think Louise as Elphaba was to a certain extent an attempt to not lose a chunk of the tuckmanians who go back to the show time and time again!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users