• 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Agreed!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6632 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

but in that she was well rested, singing defying gravity 8 times a week is hard. leave her alone. she's doing a great job i think

#6633 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I didn't mean it in a cruel way! It may be the way her voice has matured or the way that the MD has taught her the score, I am simply saying that I prefer how she sounded one time when she sang a song to any other time I have heard her do it!
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#6634 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Like I said I wasn't going out of my way to criticise I was just giving an opinion. But you are right she is well rested in that video.

#6635 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

And she was allowed to riff and change how she sang it to better suit her voice, rather than singing it exactly by the book like she is supposed to now!
PLANNED

#6636 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

i just think in this thread we should stick to casting ideas, favourite songs, and all the great things in the show, favourite interpretations of the characters, fave covers! i don't think its fair we talk about the actors weaknesses. how they were better before etc they read this too i reckon. oh i don't know. i'm going to get attacked by all of you saying we're allowed to say what we want now... and i guess ud be right so..

#6637 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

They may be reading this board but if so they should be reading it at their own risk. You have to have a thick skin in this industry because of course people are going to have opinions good and bad.

Why would it be called a discussion board if we couldn't do just that? I think you're taking my comment a little to heart. I did say I don't mean to criticise, I just said that I preferred how she sang the song at Jest End to how she sings it now.

I have plenty of positive things to say about Louise's Elphaba, I thoroughly enjoyed her performance when I saw her.

#6638 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I don't recall anyone saying they were better before... I simply said that I preferred one performance to others and have reasons why.

And as for actors weaknesses, I know that the reason I joined this board was mostly to discover other people's opinions on performers/performances and in order to be able to review something, you have to address negative points as well. The majority of comments are still nice, and those that aren't are usually just about preferring someone else, which is acceptable, rather than stating that anyone is straight up awful.

So I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic!
PLANNED

#6639 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

What date is cast change this year??

#6640 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 14 April 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

What date is cast change this year??

November 2nd I think - no confirmation as yet though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users