#6651 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postisabel, on 14 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Apparently she hasn't been on since February ! Crikey hope she is ok !

I saw her towards the end of March - didn't think she was very good at all so will be great to see somebody new! (new for me anyway)

#6652 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah I have seen her once and didn't find her funny atall.

#6653 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

I knew there would be a returnee in the new cast...

#6654 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Do we know if she is returning at cast change or sooner?

#6655 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

If Louise Plowright has already left then they'll be putting Harriet in as soon as she is ready, she'll need a week or two for rehearsal and costumes altered if needed.

I say it could be this week depending on how long ago she had been asked to come back, considering Louise P hasn't been on in quite a while.
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#6656 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

having played the part before she may not need that long a rehearsal time.

Shame as Louise Plowright is usually brilliant so wonder why she has been off so much

#6657 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postwickedlover, on 15 April 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

I say it could be this week depending on how long ago she had been asked to come back, considering Louise P hasn't been on in quite a while.

Do we know for certain that Louise is leaving early? If not, it could be the start of tour/cast change news leaking through, though it does seem extremely early for that.

#6658 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3392 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Tour kicks off September which means rehearsals must start July/early August time at the latest so its not that early really to have your leads cast.  She is a bit of a name from her TV work and has done the chat shows etc before so she would be a good choice if its for the tour

#6659 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just a thought, here's another Elphaba I'd like to see in the UK (either West End or tour), Renée van Wegberg. She was Willemijn's alternate in Holland!

Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#6660 Gemster

Gemster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

According to website, Harriet starts in May. Sad to see Louise has had to discontinue. She's a fantastic performer and obviously her illness has taken its toll. Here's to a quick a full recovery!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users